PDA

View Full Version : Pacey last north west forum

mum67
11-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I have been invited to the Pacey last North West Forum. Not sure why it's the last unless it is just last for this year as not been invited before but it goes to part of my CPD so every little helps.

Anyone else been invited/going?

Strange I've not heard anything from my quality assurance team for nearly a year and now non stop e-mails for this and that. Wonder if their due an Ofsted inspection to check they are doing everything right;)

Vikki5531
11-08-2014, 05:57 PM
I have been invited to the Pacey last North West Forum. Not sure why it's the last unless it is just last for this year as not been invited before but it goes to part of my CPD so every little helps. Anyone else been invited/going? Strange I've not heard anything from my quality assurance team for nearly a year and now non stop e-mails for this and that. Wonder if their due an Ofsted inspection to check they are doing everything right;)

Hi,

I've had an email from our Early Years Team about this - Is it the one in October in Stockport? X

mum67
11-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I've had an email from our Early Years Team about this - Is it the one in October in Stockport? X

Yes that's it.

Vikki5531
11-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Yes that's it.

I'm trying to complete the booking form to put my name on the list but I can't open the attachment that has been emailed. Can you open yours? X

mum67
11-08-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm trying to complete the booking form to put my name on the list but I can't open the attachment that has been emailed. Can you open yours? X

:DNo I can't either so I have emailed them back about the problem. Hopefully we should get a reply soon. I don't have a cheque book either my bank doesn't do them so will have to ask how I can pay for it.

Might look on pacey website and see if any info on there.

Vikki5531
11-08-2014, 07:05 PM
:DNo I can't either so I have emailed them back about the problem. Hopefully we should get a reply soon. I don't have a cheque book either my bank doesn't do them so will have to ask how I can pay for it. Might look on pacey website and see if any info on there.

I'm the same, don't have a cheque book and was hoping to pay by card.

I've had a look on the Pacey website but can't find anything x

mum67
11-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm the same, don't have a cheque book and was hoping to pay by card.

I've had a look on the Pacey website but can't find anything x

No me neither it must be something between early years and pacey. Are you a member of pacey? Vikki5531 I want to be a member but can't afford it just now it's a lot to try and squeeze out but I know it will be worth it when I am as I'veread a lot of advice about it and what they do for us from Rickysmiths.

Vikki5531
11-08-2014, 07:45 PM
No me neither it must be something between early years and pacey. Are you a member of pacey? Vikki5531 I want to be a member but can't afford it just now it's a lot to try and squeeze out but I know it will be worth it when I am as I'veread a lot of advice about it and what they do for us from Rickysmiths.

Yes I am a member. I'm a newly registered childminder as of last month, so I've only had my membership for a couple of weeks.

You're right, it is a lot of money but I got my membership discount for my all my paperwork and there is loads of free training that I keep meaning to look at :) x

sarah707
11-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I've had an invitation too - I'd love to go - must get bum into gear and sign up :D

appleblossom
11-08-2014, 08:44 PM
I've had an invitation too - I'd love to go - must get bum into gear and sign up :D

the booking form is on the URCC Facebook page. (Previously PACEY Local Stockport).

Sarah you are a member of that group aren't you?

I'm probably not allowed to post the booking form on here? But I suppose I could email it to anyone who sends me a PM with their email address?

(I was a child minder from January 1991 to January 2014) and now working as a supply nursery nurse for agencies but am a member of PACEY and PACEY Local stockport (as was).

Vikki5531
11-08-2014, 08:47 PM
the booking form is on the URCC Facebook page. (Previously PACEY Local Stockport). Sarah you are a member of that group aren't you? I'm probably not allowed to post the booking form on here? But I suppose I could email it to anyone who sends me a PM with their email address? (I was a child minder from January 1991 to January 2014) and now working as a supply nursery nurse for agencies but am a member of PACEY and PACEY Local stockport (as was).

I'm not on Facebook :( If you could email me the booking form that would be great - I'll PM you now, thank-you x

appleblossom
11-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I'm not on Facebook :( If you could email me the booking form that would be great - I'll PM you now, thank-you x

Sent it Vikki. Hope you can open it OK.

appleblossom
11-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Yes I am a member. I'm a newly registered childminder as of last month, so I've only had my membership for a couple of weeks.

You're right, it is a lot of money but I got my membership discount for my all my paperwork and there is loads of free training that I keep meaning to look at :) x

I did my First Aid with them over the last two Saturdays. It was a bargain at £45. I paid £98 last time booking it direct with St John Ambulance. I am going to do the Safeguarding Training in September too.

Vikki5531
12-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Sent it Vikki. Hope you can open it OK.

Thanks appleblossom xx

mum67
14-08-2014, 02:36 PM
vikki5531
Did you find out how to pay without a cheque book, I got an email back suggesting sending money through the post if I feel confident with it. Not, why doesn't such a large company have a system that helps us pay by other means, debit card, paypal etc

Don't think I'll be going to it, still not sure what it's for either and it's a long way to go just for a few hours CPD if that's all I get from it.

Have a nice day

Vikki5531
14-08-2014, 05:38 PM
vikki5531 Did you find out how to pay without a cheque book, I got an email back suggesting sending money through the post if I feel confident with it. Not, why doesn't such a large company have a system that helps us pay by other means, debit card, paypal etc Don't think I'll be going to it, still not sure what it's for either and it's a long way to go just for a few hours CPD if that's all I get from it. Have a nice day

I really want to go and it would be nice to meet other Childminders from the North West.

I'm going to email the person at Pacey directly and ask if there is an alternative payment method - I wouldn't risk sending money in the post. I'll let you know when I get a reply x

mum67
14-08-2014, 07:27 PM
I really want to go and it would be nice to meet other Childminders from the North West.

I'm going to email the person at Pacey directly and ask if there is an alternative payment method - I wouldn't risk sending money in the post. I'll let you know when I get a reply x

That's why I wanted to go, meet others and update myself on discussions but I am definately not sending cash. Might see if my brother has a cheque book and give him the cash.
Thanks for the reply