PDA

View Full Version : Pacey stuff

ja-lula-belli
09-08-2014, 05:42 PM
I all I am a member of Pacey and am under their insurance. I have just run out of paper work and I know I can easily enough buy so but just wondered if I had to use their own child record forms? I have to use their contracts don't i? But can I use my own or different child record forms? Childcare.co.uk have just created some.
I know some people use their own contracts is that when you go with a different insurance company?
Any help very much appreciated. Thank you x

moggy
09-08-2014, 06:09 PM
I all I am a member of Pacey and am under their insurance. I have just run out of paper work and I know I can easily enough buy so but just wondered if I had to use their own child record forms? I have to use their contracts don't i? But can I use my own or different child record forms? Childcare.co.uk have just created some.
I know some people use their own contracts is that when you go with a different insurance company?
Any help very much appreciated. Thank you x

Yes, there is no reason to use their child record forms, I used theirs until I ran out then just made my own in Word- I made sure I included all the info they have on the Pacey one and made my own improvements. Same for Register- made my own in Excel once I had finished the Pacey book.

I only continue to use and buy their Contracts (because I want to be covered by their legal help) and Accounts Book (just because it works well for me). I have never used their receipts or learning journals.

tulip0803
09-08-2014, 09:25 PM
I only use Pacey contracts. I didn't feel their child record form had enough on it and I don't use their register etc. I am in Wales too and CSSIW have always been happy with them

rickysmiths
09-08-2014, 10:49 PM
I have been a Pacey member for 20 years and I have never used their child record forms. I use their Contracts and their Short Term Contracts.

I love their Attendance Register and have used it of all the 20 years I have been a CM and I always get parents to sign each week.

I use their Accounts book because it is so easy.

I have started using their Receipts as well.

ja-lula-belli
10-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Am I right in thinking if you are with Pacey and insured by them you have to use their contracts ?

If with mm you can use your own?

tulip0803
10-08-2014, 07:09 AM
With Pacey you need to use their own contracts to fully access their legal services, If you use any other contract you can still get legal advice. With MM you can us any contract as long as it is "correctly legally worded".

I am insured with MM now but am still a member of Pacey (more expensive way of doing it though) and I use Pacey contracts.

ja-lula-belli
10-08-2014, 07:20 AM
With Pacey you need to use their own contracts to fully access their legal services, If you use any other contract you can still get legal advice. With MM you can us any contract as long as it is "correctly legally worded". I am insured with MM now but am still a member of Pacey (more expensive way of doing it though) and I use Pacey contracts.

Thanks. I am just wondering as I have just run out of contracts but I have noticed some thing missing on paceys that I'd love to add

Simona
10-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Am I right in thinking if you are with Pacey and insured by them you have to use their contracts ?

If with mm you can use your own?

Yes with Pacey you have to use their contracts ...not with other associations whose legal team is accessible just via the membership...it is worth comparing what they offer

Paperwork sold by associations is a way of making money for them and useful to some providers as they find them easy...however...you can create your own using theirs as a guidance which means you can tweak them anytime you wish and cost you nothing...and they are your 'copyright'.

A contract is valid when ALL parties have signed in agreement...it can be 10,000 words long or just 10...the signatures make it valid...ask any solicitor or anyone expert in this field

Many say MM recommend 'legally worded contracts'...have they given any idea what they mean?

It is just another way of selling their membership....many will be offering this sort of thing to Independent CMs...

shop wisely and look at the small print and look at the contents of your contracts to make sure it covers everything and you do not have to add additional bits of paperwork to cover all areas