PDA

View Full Version : breaking confidentiality or not?

toddlers896
09-08-2014, 09:31 AM
I am sure their are lots of people now who have facebook groups for parents to share photos and what we are up to etc. I have one and my parents love it because every day I update where we have been and they can see what their child is doing on a daily basis.
most parents know all the childrens names in the setting because their own child oftens talks about them and they see them on drop off, pick up etc however I have suddenly had this thought :panic: Am I breaking confidentiality by writing childrens names on my private group page? I.e Bill and Ben are loving it on the roundabout.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Not if you have parental permission to do so in writing. I have a form allowing me to:

a. put photo's on my facebook website

b. have their child photographs and shared with other parents

c. have the photo's on a public page

toddlers896
09-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Not if you have parental permission to do so in writing. I have a form allowing me to:

a. put photo's on my facebook website

b. have their child photographs and shared with other parents

c. have the photo's on a public page

What about mentioning names. I read on a post the other day that when filling out incident reports the other child's name shouldn't be mentioned so ime wondering wether names can be mentioned on my page. I have signed permission for all of the above that you mentioned xx

samb
10-08-2014, 08:52 AM
I have this on my permission form "I give permission for my child's first name to be used on our parents closed Facebook page" etc

serin
14-10-2014, 04:34 PM
It is best not to mention names at all in my opinion. You are breaking confidentiality and you cant trust parents will always be ok with it.

Lal
14-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Could you label photos without using names e.g. "Look at us enjoying the roundabout"? The parents will recognise their own child :)

VeggieSausage
16-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't think putting children's info on facebook is a good idea if you are not the parent.....although I personally don't put children's faces etc on facebook but more generic pics.....