PDA

View Full Version : Took myself on a mystery tour of the forum website, it was like a cyber outing

mum67
08-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to mention I found we have a forum shop today when I was having a proper good nosey around the whole website. Felt like a kid with a new toy, it was great fun. I pressed on every link at the top and bottom of the page to see where it took me, then any links inside that one.
Been ordering from Amazon, Argos lately and didn't know if used the links on here the forum gets something back but will use it from now on.

For all you other newbies like me to childminding take yourself on a mystery tour when you get the chance it's unbelievable how much info, advice, offers are available on here, who needs LA's.:thumbsup:

sarah707
09-08-2014, 11:16 AM
A lot of members don't know about free downloads at the top of the forum - there are lots and lots of support documents in free downloads and Pauline has put loads of activity ideas in free resources too :clapping:

Free Childminding Resources (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/)

Kiddleywinks
09-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Does the forum still benefit from the forum shop Sarah?

loocyloo
10-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Does the forum still benefit from the forum shop Sarah?

yes, I wondered that myself the other day x

sarah707
10-08-2014, 07:36 PM
The Forum shop was set up when Pauline and Graham owned the forum and needed to raise money to pay for the very expensive servers.

Now it's snuggled up on Richard's servers i believe he uses any income to support members in other ways.

I will ask him to comment :D

FloraDora
10-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Where is the shop??

Mrs Scrubbit
10-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Where is the shop??

click on Forum , top of screen (left hand side) and scroll down until you see it, hth xx

Richard
10-08-2014, 08:31 PM
There isn't really a forum shop but there are a few affiliate links to a handful of websites such as Amazon that have generated commission of about £100 since we took over the forum.

We run the forum as a free resource for childminders and it costs in excess of £500 per month just to host it.

Kiddleywinks
11-08-2014, 05:47 AM
So it's still worth shopping through the links then :thumbsup: