PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find it hard to get out of the house?!

buzzy bee
06-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm finding these holidays really difficult. People keep saying how I must be loving the holidays but for me they're dragging and I'm wishing for September. It's making me feel really sad because I want to enjoy it.

I have 3 under 5s and 3 school children every day, so I have to walk everywhere, and I just find it too hard to go to parks because I don't want to risk losing any of them. I am friends with other childminders but I don't feel like I can meet them at parks because it's still my responsibility to watch my children, so I'd still be responsible for all 6 PLUS I'd then feel rude for being unsociable and not talking much. For the same reason I haven't really met up with any friends.

I just feel like every day we stay home and they play in the garden and they're really happy.

But I'm bored and I feel like I'm not giving them the experiences I should be.

Does anyone else feel like this, or have any tips for getting me out of my rut? :panic:

shortstuff
06-08-2014, 07:46 PM
If you are worried about getting out and about could you not invite the friends or CM's to your home? that way you would get adult interaction while staying within your safety zone. Then maybe you could all go out together and you could take guidance from the others with you?

Maza
06-08-2014, 09:12 PM
I know exactly what you mean! Friends invited me along to the water fountains at the local park the other day but I didn't go because it would have been far too stressful and I wouldn't have had the chance to chat anyway! I live at the top of a long steep hill and so it is exhausting pushing the double buggy back up on the way home, and the walkers understandably moan, especially in this heat. At the moment I only work three days a week and so I get by. Five days would drive me insane. I agree with Shortstuff about getting people to come over to your house. x

buzzy bee
07-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Glad it's not just me Maza!

I do get people to come over, and I find that far less stressful because I know they're all contained and safe!! I still feel like I'm not getting out enough though. I'm surprised none of their parents have complained yet!

MessybutHappy
07-08-2014, 07:48 AM
I can relate to that! Busy parks are awful, my heart feels like it's permanently about to explode trying to keep track of children who have all chosen different places to be! I try to go really early and come away when it gets to busy, and go with another cm, we can keep an eye on each others then, which helps!

teacake2
07-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Don't beat yourself up over it, you don't have to go out all the time, remember the older ones have been in school and so are probably loving the idea of being able to chill out and do what they want to do.
I have my two special needs children in the holidays for a couple of days a week and they love being in the garden/house exploring the toys they have forgotten about and with one being in a wheel chair it is hard to get to places especially as I don't drive at the moment.
Try and enjoy it and relax.
Teacake2