PDA

View Full Version : I feel like im going to bust!!!!

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Hello all!! A real rant here from me in wales! The level 3 is being taken away from us and we have until the 15th August to complete application and pay to ensure that we can do it in time. Well after a lengthy conversation from Pacey instructing me what to do, where to send it I did it all last night. This morning I get a phone call from Pacey telling me I had to send it to Cardiff office so I rang and sent it in. Then they called said no! It has to be sent back to where I originally sent it off!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh why are Pacey so sodding flakey!!!! Do they not talk or know what's going on???? I am so frustrated that I may miss my opportunity to get on this course because of their lack of knowing what the hell to do!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh

HTSMumma
06-08-2014, 12:32 PM
What do you mean, the level 3 is being taken away from us? I don't understand.
Have you spoken with Penny?

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah as of September it's being replaced with a different qualification. So everyone is trying to get into the level 3 while they can.
Look at your Pacey training page level 3 diploma it gives you all the info on that x

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 12:39 PM
***Update May 2014 - Government-led changes are coming to early years qualifications. Click here to learn about the changes due to take place in September 2014.***

Please be aware, due to these changes, anyone wishing to do the current diploma with PACEY, will need to be fully approved and ready to pay by Friday,15th August 2014. Please contact PACEY on 0300 003 0005 for clarification of this process as failure to meet the deadline will mean you will not be able to do the course.

HTSMumma
06-08-2014, 12:49 PM
What page are you on? I can't find any info on it.
I must say, I find the PACEY website a complete confusing minefield!!

HTSMumma
06-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Never mind, found it.

Reading now.

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Just the other one is meant to be harder to get on to and longer and more expensive so trying I do the level 3 now x

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 01:02 PM
They finally got back to me an as they were patching me through to the training department they cut me off!!! Ahhhhh honestly Pacey need to pull their socks up!

tulip0803
06-08-2014, 01:11 PM
The qualifications in England are changing - Wales is not doing EYE as far as I am aware.

Also Pacey Cymru said they have funding for lvl 3 & 5 when I was on a course in April - but then they haven't got back to our group yet:rolleyes: probably because the course is changing in England and they will have to ensure Wales valid courses

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 01:16 PM
The qualifications in England are changing - Wales is not doing EYE as far as I am aware. Also Pacey Cymru said they have funding for lvl 3 & 5 when I was on a course in April - but then they haven't got back to our group yet:rolleyes: probably because the course is changing in England and they will have to ensure Wales valid courses

See I was told the exact opposite. England have introduced the new 24+ learning loan there is no funding in wales at the moment and the level 3 in wales and Northern Ireland Is changing to the early years educator

tulip0803
06-08-2014, 05:40 PM
See I was told the exact opposite. England have introduced the new 24+ learning loan there is no funding in wales at the moment and the level 3 in wales and Northern Ireland Is changing to the early years educator

This is the level 3 course our local college is doing from September - Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development for Wales and Northern Ireland (QCF) (http://www.colegsirgar.ac.uk/en/courses-care-childcare-entry-and-counselling/child-care-and-education/item/level-2-and-3-diploma-in-children-s-care-learning-and-development-for-wales-and-northern-ireland-qcf?category_id=4001) so They are still doing CCLD

The funding is only Pacey Cymru (not head office), you would have to speak to Penny in Cardiff

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 06:39 PM
This is the level 3 course our local college is doing from September - Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development for Wales and Northern Ireland (QCF) (http://www.colegsirgar.ac.uk/en/courses-care-childcare-entry-and-counselling/child-care-and-education/item/level-2-and-3-diploma-in-children-s-care-learning-and-development-for-wales-and-northern-ireland-qcf?category_id=4001) so They are still doing CCLD The funding is only Pacey Cymru (not head office), you would have to speak to Penny in Cardiff

Is this an online course or in the college it state I am no where near that campus . What part of wales are you from?
Who is penny please?

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I am so confused!!!

ja-lula-belli
06-08-2014, 06:44 PM
This is the level 3 course our local college is doing from September - Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development for Wales and Northern Ireland (QCF) (http://www.colegsirgar.ac.uk/en/courses-care-childcare-entry-and-counselling/child-care-and-education/item/level-2-and-3-diploma-in-children-s-care-learning-and-development-for-wales-and-northern-ireland-qcf?category_id=4001) so They are still doing CCLD The funding is only Pacey Cymru (not head office), you would have to speak to Penny in Cardiff

Do you have any contact details for penny please?

HTSMumma
07-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Here's a reply I had from Penny this morning to an email I sent her yesterday querying it:

"Don't worry - this only applies to England.

We are still hoping to do the pilot scheme in the Autumn as we discussed - more information to follow, a lot of people off on Leave at the moment!"

Hope that helps!

ja-lula-belli
07-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Honestly I wish everyone at Pacey was consistent!!! I come against this all the time everyone says different things!
Can I ask who is penny? Is she the lady you did your cypop5 with?
Also what is the pilot scheme please?

tulip0803
07-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Honestly I wish everyone at Pacey was consistent!!! I come against this all the time everyone says different things!
Can I ask who is penny? Is she the lady you did your cypop5 with?
Also what is the pilot scheme please?

Penny is in charge of Pacey Cymru in Cardiff. I am on holiday at the moment so don't have her details with me. I am sure HTSMumma will get them for you

ja-lula-belli
07-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Thank you all so much!!!

Penny has contacted me and cleared everything up for me!!!
It seems for some reason the Pacey in England has been calling me and contacting me! They thought I was based in England. Wow how confusing!

Getting myself stressed for no reason at all ! Lol

Yes the course is still running and like someone said (sorry I do not know your name) autumn (September )

Thank goodness that is cleared up!

HTSMumma
07-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Look at the PACEY Cymru Facebook page. They have an update about it this morning. It has all their contact details on the update.
I'm out with the children at the mo so haven't got any other info to hand.

HTSMumma
07-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Glad all sorted for you :-)

ja-lula-belli
07-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Glad all sorted for you :-)

Lol yes me too! X