PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted instection for my registration

Justine Starkey
04-08-2014, 02:23 PM
HI,

I have just had the phone call to say Ofsted are coming to do my inspection for my registration. Iam very nervous and would like so help to what they are going to be looking for and what sort of questions they are going to ask me. The registration is about 3 hours long. I have all my polices in place my certificates are all ready to go up. (even though i am a mum of three daughters i have stayed at home and brought them up well) I am out of my comfort zone.
Any feed back would be a great help.:)

Rick
04-08-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm sure someone will be along with recent pre reg inspection feedback.

If you type inspection feedback into the search box you should see some posts which will help.

Elkie Mawdsley
04-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Hello Justine. I had my pre reg visit in April, and like you, was very nervous to get the call, but within a few minutes of the inspector arriving, I was put completely at ease.

The inspector wanted to see my policies (the ones we are required to have under EYFS) and gave advice if she thought they could benefit from anything extra.

We then worked through the preparing for the registration visit booklet (I was allowed to review it during the session) and we worked through all of the questions together. If she thought I was missing out on something, she would prompt or give advice.

Last was to look around the areas I was registering and make sure they were safe. I highlighted any outstanding bits to do - like safety film on the glass on the doors etc.

All in all - verg positive. Mine did request I put the PLI in place before she left so it's worth researching which company you want to use just in case.

Good luck x

Vikki5531
04-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Hi Justine, I had my visit last month. I was really nervous and hardly slept the night before! But as others have said it was absolutely fine! The Ofsted lady was lovely and made me feel really at ease - it was more of a general chat between friends. We just went through my P&P's and the Ofsted booklet (Preparing for your visit) and my visit only lasted 2 hours :) Good luck and let us know how it goes xx

moggy
04-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Have the Preparing for you Visit booklet filled in, refer to it during the visit, have DevMatters and EYFS on the table too, you can refer to them, it is not a memory-test.