PDA

View Full Version : Worn out Kiddywinkies

Tealady
04-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Anybody else fed up with worn out and strung out children on a Monday?

I have one LO 18 mths, who is a wreck this morning, but resisting sleep. He was the same last week.

Last week I had my holiday boy come in a mess after going to London for a show and a trip on the eye with Mum on Saturday. Then as Dad had to have a special day too he went on a long bike ride and a trip to the cinema on Sunday. He isn't quite four.

I am dreading Wednesday when he is back in next as he went on the Company picnic Fri, Camping from Sat to today. He is then up in London tomorrow for a Paediatrician appointment, followed by a trip to Hamleys.

We went to a wedding on Saturday, which was a long and exciting day for our 4 & 8 year old so we had a splodgy day yesterday. I realise parents want to make the most of their time off with the children, but I just wish they could see what I see on a Monday morning.

chris goodyear
04-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Quite agree Tealady! Even the pre schools mention it to me when mindees are going there on a Monday. At the moment I'm not too bad with this sort of thing but I used to dread Mondays with one particular child and I expect I'll see it again!

shortstuff
04-08-2014, 09:45 AM
I agree also. I have had 2 mindees dropped here who havent had a good nights sleep since they were collected from me at 6pm on friday!!!

The mum dropped the 6 and 9 yr olds saying they will want a tv day!

Well as I have 5 others including my DS that might or might not happen as I am not only here for her 2 but the others also.

rickysmiths
04-08-2014, 11:31 AM
My two 18 mth olds always have a much longer sleep on a Monday. She won't sleep at home for her parents apparently :rolleyes:

smurfette
04-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Monday always bad here too.. Bank Hol here today so with an extra day I imagine it will be a toughie tomorrow! Find it easier in term time cos we will just have an easier day and an earlier and longer nap.. Holidays it's harder as my own three are here and it's rough they have to be stuck in too!