PDA

View Full Version : charges

jashol
03-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Parent wants me to hold to places for full weekends for two children to start in sept would you require a non refundable deposit if so how much thanks in advance

Koala
03-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Always! I take 4 weeks deposit - non refundable and this is now held for the last months fees.

alex__17
03-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Yes I do now, used to take 1 months fees and use it for first month, but now I hold the deposit of 1 month fees and use it against final month fees after a parent gave me a day notice, rather than my 4 weeks.
I also charge in advance, was a bit worried parents would complain about having to pay 4 weeks deposit then usually same again for fees in advance, but was shocked to find no one thought it was a problem and I'm full from sept with 4 new parents paying me their deposits :-)
I hope it'll mean I have parents that won't mess me around!

covgalxxx
03-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I forgot to say month in advance to this mum so when it came to signing contracts I reminder her by txt what I needed and month in advance she didn't have it, as she pays with vouchers, as this was my 1st child, I half the month then got to pay 2 instalments of the half the month, my next child I told her month in advance but for got to say your get that pack when you leave, so she taken it as she has paid sept, haven't questioned it as from oct she will be paying weekly so now I know for the next parent going to say deposit and you get that to pay your last month, easier I think, I'm new I learn, but least I got two contracts signed.

bunyip
04-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Tbh I would never accept a deposit in childcare vouchers.

I'd remind the mum she is required to pay you irrespective of whether she has anything in her CV account. You accept CVs as an arrangement with gives her a cash saving. This does not bestow upon her the right to pay you late. Put brutally and honestly, this is an SEFP: you get nothing out of her using CVs so it should not be your problem.

If it were me, I'd be requiring her to find an alternative means of paying the deposit and first bill.

covgalxxx
04-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah she paid the deposit , well half then the other half when she gets paid, I made that arrange as didn't want to wait for vouchers to come in , I said to her as I have started I need money to go buy art stuff it all adds up, she understood, I will get this little girl all year round, they like less than 5 mins,