PDA

View Full Version : Who is your car insured with

SYLVIA
31-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Just had my annual quote for car insurance and I am going to make enquiries and get a few quotes. Just wondering who you insure through and what you get for your money

hectors house
31-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I have an Admiral Multi Car policy - have Renault Scenic (standard size not 7 seater) pay about £240 for fully comp, business use, protected no claims - luckily haven't had to make a claim so don't know what they are like for service if you do. (I probably get it cheaper as I have been driving 30 years), but my 19 year old daughter who has only passed her test 18 months, has my old 1.6 Scenic and only pays about £650 on the multi policy - (policy in her name, she gets the no claims bonus but both my husband are named drivers to get the price down).

Chatterbox Childcare
31-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I am with Churchill - about £245 I think which includes no claims bonus protection, legal aid and a guaranteed car the same as my 8 seater.

loocyloo
31-07-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm with direct line ... no idea how much it costs as part of a multi deal, but I have fully comp, business use and am insured to drive any of the cars. I get a 7 seater courtesy car ( I have Toyota corolla verso ) we also have protected no claims and although I think I could probably get a cheaper deal elsewhere, I'm happy with the service I get! ( also use them for breakdown as part of my deal! )

AliceK
31-07-2014, 06:20 PM
I currently insure both my cars for business through Morton Michel. Last year I had one of them insured through Bluefin but this year it was cheaper to insure them both with MM.

xxxx

rickysmiths
31-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Chaucer this year. DH insured with them last year and their renewal is so good he is going to stay with them.

I was insured with Churchill for years and never claimed and a few years ago they hiked the price and would reduce it so I moved.

Morton Michel did the same. One year and then hiked the price to a mad price.

Blu Fin, for 1 year, well that is just an experience I would rather forget and I will never ever go near them again!

SYLVIA
31-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Thanks for info. i'll have a shop around and see what i can get