PDA

View Full Version : down scaling resources

tess1981
31-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Today I had a moment where I was quitting this job... okay been having this "moment" for a couple months. Fed up with children who scream cry and fight ALL day. Fed up of every inch my house covered in cm resources when my youngest is 12 in general I'm fed up. So I took a mad notion and got rid of a load of toys puzzles etc. If my resources can't fit in the very big cupboard I have I don't want them. I also told parents today I'm not going back to working Wednesday in September. I explained I will be using this day as a day for my kids appointments or my own etc. Most families part time and never really use the wed except the very odd time. But I do have one family who were here for 5 weeks and decided to stay but I said only of granny keeps them Wednesdays during summer as I had was meant to be taking it easier . over summer until they wanted me to keep her kids full time. Anyway I'm not going back to full time it's too hard with her lo such hard work.... waiting to hear back how she takes the news but I feel relieved :)

Simona
31-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Today I had a moment where I was quitting this job... okay been having this "moment" for a couple months. Fed up with children who scream cry and fight ALL day. Fed up of every inch my house covered in cm resources when my youngest is 12 in general I'm fed up. So I took a mad notion and got rid of a load of toys puzzles etc. If my resources can't fit in the very big cupboard I have I don't want them. I also told parents today I'm not going back to working Wednesday in September. I explained I will be using this day as a day for my kids appointments or my own etc. Most families part time and never really use the wed except the very odd time. But I do have one family who were here for 5 weeks and decided to stay but I said only of granny keeps them Wednesdays during summer as I had was meant to be taking it easier . over summer until they wanted me to keep her kids full time. Anyway I'm not going back to full time it's too hard with her lo such hard work.... waiting to hear back how she takes the news but I feel relieved :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with downsizing on resources or reducing working days...so well done for taking that step...you will still be cminding just not 5 days

I have done the same and there are lots of opportunities out there open to CMs....not least spending more time with your own children
Enjoy :thumbsup:

tess1981
31-07-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with downsizing on resources or reducing working days...so well done for taking that step...you will still be cminding just not 5 days

I have done the same and there are lots of opportunities out there open to CMs....not least spending more time with your own children
Enjoy :thumbsup:

Agree my own children share a lot with the lo's so it's time I give them something back

Maza
01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Good for you! It's always good to have a clear out and reclaim part of your life back. Full time is too hard in this job. x

ziggy
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
well done, i am doing similar, even though i have a shed, spare bedroom and play room there is just far too much stuff and they would rather play with boxes. Gave big box of action men away yesterday. then threw away odd bits not needed.

i'm sure years ago children didnt have so many toys, it is just madness

oh gave away peppa pig dvd's as well today as we never watch them

enjoy the clear out

tess1981
01-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Think I gave away at least 1/2 of my stuff... was needed. Still have so much left so if in 6 months it not Played with out it goes :)

ja-lula-belli
02-08-2014, 07:33 AM
I know what you mean my home has become over run with stuff. I have little ones of my own at the moment so it's not too bad for me but defo in the future I want a childminding room to be able to close the door and keep it separate