PDA

View Full Version : trying not to spend

ziggy
31-07-2014, 08:02 AM
I had a day off yesterday and went into town, found myself looking for more toys, art resources etc. Then realised I have more than enough of everything and it has just become a habit.

So now I am only buying what I actually NEED and i am going to try and save for a much needed holiday

Am I the only one who finds it hard not to keep buying????

loocyloo
31-07-2014, 08:12 AM
oh yes!

I was in town yesterday and popped into poundland ... I came out with foam hand shapes, alphabet beads and more felt pens ... none of which I needed! I also bought a basket at the country show I was at ... don't need it! I have to avoid toy shops like the plague!

however ... the couple of things I DO need I can't quite get round to buying! ( but that's more because I can't decide about a triple buggy or my double with add on! also ... depends what my LOs are like at walking come September! )

GOOD LUCK!

Vikki5531
31-07-2014, 08:12 AM
I had a day off yesterday and went into town, found myself looking for more toys, art resources etc. Then realised I have more than enough of everything and it has just become a habit. So now I am only buying what I actually NEED and i am going to try and save for a much needed holiday Am I the only one who finds it hard not to keep buying????

I'm the same, I'm only just starting out but any bit of money I earn gets spent straight away on resources! I keep thinking when will I eventually have everything? And then I realise I won't ever be satisfied! I am also a bit of a shopaholic! Xx

littlefootsteps
31-07-2014, 09:19 AM
I go to do my shopping an get more toys than food lol. I'm pre reg though so I need to buy lots lol

FussyElmo
31-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Rarely buy new toy resources - I have loads it really has to be something special for me to spend money.

Art and crafts however that's a different matter :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Maza
31-07-2014, 09:02 PM
It's become like a habit for me too. I am probably worse in charity shops and the pound shops because I always convince myself I've got a bargain. I don't think I ever come away empty handed.

toddlers896
02-08-2014, 07:48 PM
I know where you are coming from. I can't stop spending either. I keep getting new ideas and then ime on a. Mission to by all the bits. This week I bought a blackboard for outside, I saw a cool idea for a tuff tray the other day sing sand and construction vehicles so I had to buy those today and then I went into b&m today and saw really cool mini pots and pans so bought these too. I just can't stop spending either and I don't even know if I will be doing this in 6 months ha ha. Ime obsessed

ja-lula-belli
02-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Completely! I buy far too much! As my hubby says I have a package arrive every day! My kiddies are very crafty tho so I need to replenish my arts and crafts a lot!
And I love anything sensory! I am making coloured rice next! Hehehe!

FloraDora
02-08-2014, 09:41 PM
This new business has become a hobby, I am not likely to make any profits with the constant resourcing of my enabling environment!
It is too easy to order from Amazon!
So...todays parcels are the last...we need to use our money on ourselves!

Off to London tomorrow, then France, then Brighton...then Heathrow to wave oldest grown up son, leaving everything to travel South America ...off ...so hopefully I won't have another opportunity to spend on Ey resourcing!

I am going to try and switch off until September 4th when I return.....the biggest challenge I have set myself in a long time!!

Enjoy the rest of the summer folks!

Xx

Maza
03-08-2014, 07:06 AM
This new business has become a hobby, I am not likely to make any profits with the constant resourcing of my enabling environment!
It is too easy to order from Amazon!
So...todays parcels are the last...we need to use our money on ourselves!

Off to London tomorrow, then France, then Brighton...then Heathrow to wave oldest grown up son, leaving everything to travel South America ...off ...so hopefully I won't have another opportunity to spend on Ey resourcing!

I am going to try and switch off until September 4th when I return.....the biggest challenge I have set myself in a long time!!

Enjoy the rest of the summer folks!

Xx

Yes, Amazon! If I haven't ordered anything for a while I start to get twitchy. I just love seeing a parcel/packet arrive on my doormat, even if it is just a bag of feathers or something! What did you do in London?

ziggy
03-08-2014, 10:37 AM
i am gonna start saving instead of spending so i can have holiday next year

alex__17
03-08-2014, 12:27 PM
I've bought far too much since starting at the beginning of the year...

Luckily mostly on eBay, and I'm now thinking I'm going to start selling some of the stuff that isn't played with much.
Hard to know where to start though, as soon as I sort a pile to sell my son plays with it all like its the best toys in the world! But I can't have my spare room as a toy storage area any more, I've decided I'm only going to store things in a walkin larder we have and my ikea unit, so I'll have to sell quite a bit!

What are people's most played with toys??

tulip0803
03-08-2014, 01:55 PM
I am on holiday and have even looked on ebay to see what is here to collect locally:o - there is a lovely full size megabloks castle playhouse not far - can I fit that in the car as well as the suitcases, DH and 2xDDs????:rolleyes:

What are people's most played with toys??

Treasure basket
Cars and Huge garage (that a mindees grandparent gave me :D)
Dressing-up but only certain things
small soft toy cats:rolleyes:
Dolls, clothes etc
arts and crafts
doll's house
dinosaurs
puzzles

Writing this has made me think about what they aren't playing with at the moment - wooden trains, castle, building blocks etc so I think they will be going away for a bit now - then they will be all new when they come back again:thumbsup:

Maza
03-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Tulip you made me laugh looking on ebay on holiday! I hadn't thought of that one.
Most played with toys:
Trains and train track
Happyland Spaceship
Batman cave with batman cars/figures
Arts and craft
dinosaurs
cuddly toys
torches

Outside it is my water wall and sand