PDA

View Full Version : Changing meal offering before signing contracts

MrsP2C
30-07-2014, 08:08 PM
I've agreed to take on a new mindee & am just drafting contracts. Fees were agreed on a fully inclusive basis (ie inc meals, drinks, snacks etc) which is fine during term time but I'd forgotten that during the holidays all other mindees bring a packed lunch & tea.

Would it be really awful to now tell mum that she needs to send in packed lunch (& possibly tea although I'm less bothered about that as cooking for own DC) during school holidays?

I've only recently changed existing mindees to packed lunch in the holidays so worried other mindees/parents will be annoyed I've insisted they send their own food when I'm providing for new (albeit much younger) mindee, but also just hate the hassle of doing individual picnics when we go out, catering to various needs, food prep & wastage not to mention cost for older ones.

Any ideas how to handle this without irritating new family before they even start or do you think I should forget it & if anyone queries it use the excuse that new child is pre-schooler & all other holiday children are older.

QualityCare
30-07-2014, 08:57 PM
I would phone mum and say that when you discussed the fees you forgot to mention that you only provide cooked meals during term time and during school holidays the children are required to bring a packed lunch and tea each day. You could add that this is so you can go out on picnics etc without making loads of sandwiches apologise and say you hope she is ok with this if she does disagree then you may have to give in and provide this child with meals.

bunyip
31-07-2014, 10:21 AM
I agree with QC. Also, you want to be fair and consistent with all famies and don't want this particular child to stand out as different amongst his/her peers. :thumbsup: