PDA

View Full Version : Getting the calls now

covgalxxx
30-07-2014, 10:54 AM
All after school and just 2 days well signing a girl to start on tues, 3 days a week Tuesday Thursday and Friday starting at 12 noon, she is 3 when school starts she will be going nursery school and I pick her at 12 at school, now meeting a mum today for her daughter who is 4 starting school but wouldn't need me till October Thursday and Friday after school, then on Saturday another mum wants 2 days think its tues and Thursday but not sure for 3 boys , 4 year old , 8 year old and a 10 year old, just not sure if I class the 4 year olds under 5 or over to take them on...

hectors house
30-07-2014, 11:29 AM
All after school and just 2 days well signing a girl to start on tues, 3 days a week Tuesday Thursday and Friday starting at 12 noon, she is 3 when school starts she will be going nursery school and I pick her at 12 at school, now meeting a mum today for her daughter who is 4 starting school but wouldn't need me till October Thursday and Friday after school, then on Saturday another mum wants 2 days think its tues and Thursday but not sure for 3 boys , 4 year old , 8 year old and a 10 year old, just not sure if I class the 4 year olds under 5 or over to take them on...

Once the 4 year olds are attending 10 sessions (full time) school then they are then classed as "rising 5's and don't apply in your under 5 ratios. Glad you have lots of work coming in now. :thumbsup:

mum67
30-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Great news Covgal. Just out of interest have these calls come in since you advertised on *****care.co.uk or from other sources. Need to get more advertising out there myself so looking for best options. I am a basic member but think I should invest the £20 a month to upgrade.

There does seem to be a lot of incentives and advantages to being a gold member.

Good luck with it all

covgalxxx
30-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah it was I think, it's the best time as school starting in sept, whole load of new parents have just come on today wanted to take there kids to the best school in my area and I live 2 mins away from it, so just had a new mum ring today from it, just meet me and wants to sign contacts Friday, as don't want to lose the spot, so not to bad..

hectors house
30-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah it was I think, it's the best time as school starting in sept, whole load of new parents have just come on today wanted to take there kids to the best school in my area and I live 2 mins away from it, so just had a new mum ring today from it, just meet me and wants to sign contacts Friday, as don't want to lose the spot, so not to bad..

Make sure you get a deposit as well as parents signing the contracts - start as you mean to go on and insist on money paid in advance - no money, no care, too many people lately posting about being owed huge sums of money.

mum67
30-07-2014, 03:28 PM
That's me signing up for gold membership then. Can't wait to have lots of kiddies to mind on a regular basis instead of dribs and drabs. Not hearing anything from the FIS website.
Great news for you, all the best.

covgalxxx
30-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Yes hectors house, I cocked up on 1st mum, but halved the 1st month in advance , to help her in the end, but this time 1st thing I said, which she was very happy to pay she would of signed contracts there and then, and I will say the same to parent on Saturday, so they know straight away, lot of childminders in my area have quit , so I knew I would get calls, I did put on my profile newly registered which I think it puts parents off calling so took it off now..

natlou82
31-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Glad your seeing a big increase in interest, I've always found the monthly gold membership worth every penny :-)