PDA

View Full Version : National standards policies into EYFS?

acorns
28-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm trying to change the organisation of my policies which are organised under the National Standard Headings, into Headings for EYFS but I'm having trouble getting started. I'm not too sure what to put where!! Can anyone kick start my brain for me??:confused:

sarah707
28-07-2008, 08:53 PM
The way I did it was to read the eyfs standards and, every time it read like a policy should be happening...

I wrote one! :D

acorns
28-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh no, should I be re writing all my policies??- it took sooo long to do them in the first place & I only wrote them a few weeks ago

Tatia
29-07-2008, 07:23 AM
You will need to tweak them somewhat to bring them inline with EYFS. You won't have to throw out the whole shootin' match though, just make adjustments as and when.:)

Bella
31-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Do we organise them under the every child matters headings or the 4 main judgements as stated in the "are you ready for your inspection"
:panic: help somebody please:panic: :panic:

SimplyLucy
31-07-2008, 06:29 AM
I need to re-type all mine as I lost the copies on the computer when it crashed!

I thought that whilst I was re-typing them I'd drop the references to the National Standards and try to refer them back to the EYFS framework and guidence.

I've not started yet but want them all in place ready to hand parents a new policy pack along with an EYFS explaination on 1st September, guess I ought to get my butt in gear!

miffy
31-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Do we organise them under the every child matters headings or the 4 main judgements as stated in the "are you ready for your inspection"
:panic: help somebody please:panic: :panic:

There are no set rules - it's entirely up to you how you organise this.

Have a look on the Bromley website as that has examples of policies and how they fit in to EYFS

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Miffy xx

Tatia
31-07-2008, 07:22 AM
As Miffy said, it's up to you how you arrange your policies BUT keep in mind that even the EYFS has been informed by the 5 ECM outcomes. And not only that but the SEF is also arranged according ECM, suggesting that's how our inspections will be ordered. So you are going to need to be able to prove how you are working to help children Be Healthy, Stay Safe, Enjoy and Achieve and Make a Positive Contribution. The 5th one, Achieve Economic Well-Being is called something else on the SEF but I can't remember what.

sarah707
31-07-2008, 07:23 AM
I am leaving mine in the 5 every child matters headings just now ...

...until I see how the new-style inspection reports are going to be set out.

No point in re-inventing the wheel if it doesn't need to be changed:D

hbomb1
31-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I have rearranged all my policies into one big document and have put policies under each relelvant Welfare Requirement. For example:-

Safeguarding
Safeguarding policy

Information and COmplaints
Complaints Procedure
Confidentiality policy

Premises and Security
Under this heading I have writen about my home and ensuring the safety of the child by keeping doors locked, sockets covered, etc. I have also put under this heading my Dropping off/Collection policy, failure to collect, etc etc

Under the heading Equality of Opportunities, I have my Equ Opps Policy and SEN policy.

I have continued this by putting all my policies under the relevant Welfare REquirements heading. At the end of the document is a receipt confirming that the parent has received, read and understands all the policies and then I list the relevant policies under the relevant heading. The parent must sign this part and return to me.

I have some policies which I have not included in this main document for example policy on sleeping babies, over 8's policy etc which I would just give the relevant parents as necessary.

Is this how Ofsted would expect us to write our policies, or have I got it all wrong?? :panic:

Mags
31-07-2008, 10:16 AM
mine are under seperate headings......making a positive contrbution,enjoying and achieving,staying safe,being healthy and organisation.:)

buildingblocks
31-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I need to re-type all mine as I lost the copies on the computer when it crashed!

I thought that whilst I was re-typing them I'd drop the references to the National Standards and try to refer them back to the EYFS framework and guidence.

I've not started yet but want them all in place ready to hand parents a new policy pack along with an EYFS explaination on 1st September, guess I ought to get my butt in gear!

I always email myself a copy of my policies (probably got hte advice on here originally) so if computer crashes and back up disk fails i have a copy to save again

Shirlwith3
02-08-2008, 05:35 AM
I just want to put that I have my inspection in June & the inspecter said to me after reading all my policies that she could see that I wouldn't have a problem with the new EYFS in Sept so I ahve decided that I will keep my policies the same.
shirl

childminder54
04-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I have rearranged all my policies into one big document and have put policies under each relelvant Welfare Requirement. For example:-

Safeguarding
Safeguarding policy

Information and COmplaints
Complaints Procedure
Confidentiality policy

Premises and Security
Under this heading I have writen about my home and ensuring the safety of the child by keeping doors locked, sockets covered, etc. I have also put under this heading my Dropping off/Collection policy, failure to collect, etc etc

Under the heading Equality of Opportunities, I have my Equ Opps Policy and SEN policy.

I have continued this by putting all my policies under the relevant Welfare REquirements heading. At the end of the document is a receipt confirming that the parent has received, read and understands all the policies and then I list the relevant policies under the relevant heading. The parent must sign this part and return to me.

I have some policies which I have not included in this main document for example policy on sleeping babies, over 8's policy etc which I would just give the relevant parents as necessary.

Is this how Ofsted would expect us to write our policies, or have I got it all wrong?? :panic:

hi helen can i be cheeky and ask you could u send me a copy of the letter you put in your folder you get parents to sign as im struggling what to put. do you do a seperate page for each perent thanks veronica..