PDA

View Full Version : Please help

saintsue
28-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Please can someone help me? I have been trying to sort out the 3 year old funding since January and not getting any where fast. I have got my supplier number, but dont know what to do next, I have emailed 5 different people now but nobody gets back to me. Please can anyone explain how it works

moggy
28-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Please can someone help me? I have been trying to sort out the 3 year old funding since January and not getting any where fast. I have got my supplier number, but dont know what to do next, I have emailed 5 different people now but nobody gets back to me. Please can anyone explain how it works

Every area is different so you really need local advice- I guess you have tried your LA, do you have an Early Years dept/support? or a local CM who is already offering funding?

In our area you you have to submit the number of children/hours you think you will have using the funding for the next term (Sept) and then you finalise the actual number after the term has started. And the money is paid to you in 2 parts. But every LA is different. I'd be on the phone to your LA Early Years team if i was you.

Mouse
28-07-2014, 01:42 PM
I agree with Moggy, You need to speak to someone in your area to find out exactly how it works. If you can't get through to your Early Years department, do you know any childminders in you area who already offer the funding?

It sounds as if our LA works the same as Moggy's. For Sept term, I have already submitted details of the children I expect to be claiming funding for. I'll get paid a percentage of the term's fee before the start of Sept. Part way through the term I will submit exact figures of the children I have. Before the end of term I'll get paid the rest of the money.

Apart from having to sign & return a paper agreement and having to get parents to complete an agreement, everything else is done online.