PDA

View Full Version : Enviromental health

greanan
27-07-2014, 08:40 PM
So I've got my visit from environmental health on Tuesday morning and no idea what to expect?! Im in Scotland if that makes a difference? Been registered s good few years and that's them just getting round to visiting me. What exactly are they looking for/at?? I don't do cooked meals - just cold lunches, snacks.h kitchen is clean but starting to wonder if if 'environmental health clean' lol!!! Will they look through every cupboard etc?? Starting to panic a bit eek!!!

Simona
28-07-2014, 08:33 AM
So I've got my visit from environmental health on Tuesday morning and no idea what to expect?! Im in Scotland if that makes a difference? Been registered s good few years and that's them just getting round to visiting me. What exactly are they looking for/at?? I don't do cooked meals - just cold lunches, snacks.h kitchen is clean but starting to wonder if if 'environmental health clean' lol!!! Will they look through every cupboard etc?? Starting to panic a bit eek!!!

Do not panic...here in England some CMs get a visit while others just a form which we fill in with details

Scotland has different requirements from us...so difficult to advise but you will be asked basic questions on hygiene, food storage, fridge temperature etc etc ...regardless of whether you cook or not

Good luck

greanan
28-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Ah thank you - I'll be giving kitchen a good clean tonight lol!! Will they be looking in cupboards etc??

FloraDora
28-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Had mine recently in England - I have pm you my experience - I got a 5.

greanan
28-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Had mine recently in England - I have pm you my experience - I got a 5.

Thank you so much!!! Really helpful xx

hummingbird2014
28-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Make sure you have a fridge thermometer and temp records. Good to show them how you store your food xx

greanan
28-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Make sure you have a fridge thermometer and temp records. Good to show them how you store your food xx

I've a fridge thermometer but don't keep a written record of it? Eek!!