PDA

View Full Version : Inspection when not minding

louise
28-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi, Ok my friend who went through reg at same time 3 years ago. She never got any mindees so never started but choose to keep her ofsted reg paying each year. Ofsted called her and asked if she was minding yet whcih is no. She was told if she was to keep her reg she needs to be inspected even though she is not minding. She is happy with this and wants to make ago of it again.

Now what will she need???? She asked me not sure i got it all covered. Its on the 11th so it wont be on EYFS. She has rebooked her first aid as that is due to expire. Will she need her insurance? she doesnt really want to pay for it and then not start for a few months. The inspecter didnt really know much as she has just started!!!!

Lou

hillbilly
28-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi. Did she have any recomendations on her origonal registration inspection? She will need to show how she has dealt with these recomendations. She needs to go through the national standards, and where there are things that she is not currently doing, she needs to be able to demonstrate how she would do it if she had children of differing ages. For example, she will not have any observations to inform her planing, so she needs to be able to say to the inspector 'if I had a child aged 3 I would........' etc. She could draw up a wish list to show the equipment she will get when she does have mindees. Im not sure about the insurance though, is she or are you NCMA members? Perhaps they might give you some advice.
If her inspector doesnt know the answers to the questions she has, perhaps she could ask to speak to a more experienced inspector.
I think its all about showing the inspector that she has the knowledge to to the things she needs to when she has children.
I have babies, and at my inspection had to talk about what I would do if I had older children.

Hope this helps

Kelly:)

mrsb
28-07-2008, 08:48 PM
I agree, get her to write down things she will be doing and things she will be getting etc.

The only thing I would say and I don't mean this in a nasty way but try not to let her get her hopes up too high, a friend of mine had her inspection 3 years ago, she had a baby there but the baby went to bed 5 mins after the inspector arrived and she was told she couldn't get higher than a satisfactory because the inspector needed to see how she was with the child etc. My friend complined etc about it but it is standard ofsted ruling apparently, that's why they now try not to come out when people aren't minding.

Hope it all goes ok for her though :)

louise
28-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Thank you all. She knows she can only get satisfactory which is better then nothing.

Lou

cloud9
29-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Thank you all. She knows she can only get satisfactory which is better then nothing.

Lou

Can she borrow a friends child so she can get graded higher.?

I believe you can also get the insurance but defer the start date with NCMA