PDA

View Full Version : Feeling heartbroken....

littlebears1009
24-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Today is the first day of my dd6 and dd3 summer holidays and I have my screamer mindee! Screamer screams because he is tired and point blank refuses to sleep so I have scrapped the play centre trip! My dd wants to go on bikes, can't because I have the pram and they aren't riding properly yet, can't pump the paddling pool as I can't leave mindee long enough without him gettin all hot and worked up from his screaming. And as my dd6 puts it she's upset because she wants to play with mummy but mummy's too busy with the baby! So heartbroken! Luckily I only have this mindee another 2 days next week and that's it he finishes but I am exhausted and overwhelmed today! This weather doesn't help either! :-(

Chatterbox Childcare
24-07-2014, 01:28 PM
I think it is all about preparation with screamers. Have the pool up and full before they arrive :)

rickysmiths
24-07-2014, 01:36 PM
I do the same and I'm afraid I would have gone to the Play Centre as well. They need to get used to your usual routine. I don't cancel things for a screamer.

I would put them in the buggy or High Chair or Playpen outside while I set up the paddling pool etc. Again my other children would not loose out.

littlebears1009
24-07-2014, 01:57 PM
I cancelled on the play centre as I know all too well he will scream and scream while we are there and I get embarrassed and flustered and just want to leave. I also stopped play groups because of it. I would put him in the high chair or pram but the amount of time it would take me to get the pool out And blow up he would be sweaty hot and hysterical from his screaming and afraid someone may complain! I only have him at the mo as I have wound down as I'm stopping next week to go back to study and when my kids were at school and nursery it was only the baby missing out because of his own temperament. But today I just feel awful because my own are also missing out and are sad because of it! I have never known a baby like him. Mum doesn't help as holds him all the time and gets him up to watch cartoons if he wakes in the night etc so he is always tired when he comes and fights sleep more than any child I know! Only next week to go, just wanted a little rant, and feel a little better for it! Thanks x

Koala
24-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Roll on next week. :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
24-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Roll on next week then. However even more I would have let him scream and I would have got the pool out for my children.

I started childminding 20 years ago essentially so I could work at home and be with my children. I would not have given them my full attention to the exclusion of minded children but I would have left a screamer like the one you describe and I would have had a damp cool towel read to cool him off with. It sounds as if he is pampered to something rotten at home when will these parents learn they are doing no one any favours least of all their child.

Good luck in your new job.

Maza
24-07-2014, 09:22 PM
I know how you mean feeling embarrassed about having a screamer. You are more paranoid about what people think when it is not your own child. Roll on next week!