PDA

View Full Version : Parents Questionnaire.x

CJ Thorn
24-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Good Morning everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had a parents questionnaire they could share,i am wanting to revamp my current one to be more open ended and not as yes/no tick box style.
Thankyou :thank you: xx

QualityCare
24-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Pacey do a good one if you are not a member google pacey parent questionnaire for childminders it comes up in the hampshire childminding site.

loocyloo
24-07-2014, 10:58 AM
I use one from the bromley childminder site x

Chatterbox Childcare
24-07-2014, 01:33 PM
When I did mine I sat down and wrote out what I needed to know. Once I had the questions I wrote them in my language. Don't make it too complicated.

bunyip
24-07-2014, 03:32 PM
When I did mine I sat down and wrote out what I needed to know. Once I had the questions I wrote them in my language. Don't make it too complicated.

Exactly!

It's your questionnaire, so you need to ask parents what you want to know.

Or, to put it bluntly, if we don't know what to ask, then why on earth do a questionnaire? It's got to be more than just another box-tick for Mrs O.

One tip I'd offer is to ask a few "what if?" questions. I think most of us inevitably get some parents returning 100% 'positive' responses. Either everything really is wonderful, or they don't want to upset us and have to start looking for a new CM :rolleyes: . All jolly nice, but it doesn't give us much to work on if we want to respond to feedback and make the odd improvement here and there. So ask a question along the lines of, "If I could make just one improvement, what would you like it to be?" or similar. :thumbsup:

loocyloo
24-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I like the idea of asking if I could make one improvement ... last time I asked most said nothing, one said do less paperwork and the 3rd asked if I'd have her child permanently! I daren't ask again!

bunyip
24-07-2014, 04:58 PM
I like the idea of asking if I could make one improvement ... last time I asked most said nothing, one said do less paperwork and the 3rd asked if I'd have her child permanently! I daren't ask again!

Now there's a question to ask:

Would you like your child to live here permanently? ...........................Yes/No [delete as applicable]

If "yes" would you like us to complete full adoption proceedings, or merely register my bank details with the Child Benefits people? ......:D

CJ Thorn
25-07-2014, 06:31 AM
Thanks everyone :).
I think i overthink things too much,an i definitely make things harder for myself ha!......i must of jinxed myself yesterday as after been 2 years overdue my inspection at 6.38pm last night Mrs O called to say she will be with me the week after next at some point!!!!.....in panic mode already..:panic::panic::panic:

But i love the idea of "if i could make one improvement"....not sure about the whole adoption thing tho :laughing:

xxx