PDA

View Full Version : rash.....help!

Rickers83
23-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Lo 2 has large red spots on his face, neck & chest (around 8) & a couple on his arm, hes also had 3 runny nappies since 10am

Sent mum a pic of spots & she is reluctant to collect as doesn't think they look like chicken pox?

Family doctor is ringing me in next half hour for a telephone appointment & then i have to let her know what they think.

He doesn't seem unwell apart from being a little quieter than usual.

What would you do?

I have my own dd here who hasn't had chicken pox & we go on holiday next week

specks4
23-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Are they spots or bumps as could be heat rash?

AliceK
23-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Chicken pox are very obvious. Do the spots have fluid filled heads on them?

xxx

Rickers83
23-07-2014, 11:58 AM
No they are not really raised at all & most heat rash I've seen tends to be in bunches in the creases of arms etc.
& these are quite spaced out.

My dd13 was 6 when she had it so cant remember how they started off.

Still waiting for gp to call, hes just sitting on the sofa looking sorry for himself! Lol

AliceK
23-07-2014, 12:00 PM
No they are not really raised at all & most heat rash I've seen tends to be in bunches in the creases of arms etc.
& these are quite spaced out.

My dd13 was 6 when she had it so cant remember how they started off.

Still waiting for gp to call, hes just sitting on the sofa looking sorry for himself! Lol

All the LO's I've known have had obvious fluid filled small ish spots. It could be anything but no doubt the doctor will say it's a viral rash, that's what they always seem to say. I'm assuming you've done a glass test just to be sure?

If LO has had an unusual amount of runny nappies I would be sending home purely for that alone.

xx

Rickers83
23-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Lo doctor just called, told her what spots look like & location, also about upset tummy.

She says early onset chickenpox as blisters don't always appear until day 2/3

Have rang mum & shes on her way