PDA

View Full Version : Kids telling porkies or not

toddlers896
22-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I took my after school child to a bungee today and she was so excited. She told me she had never done this before and couldn't wait to tell her mum. She said that mum wouldn't let her do something like this as it's not very safe. Anyway I felt terrible and thought omg I should have asked for permission first so when I dropped her off I told mum where we had been and also explained that the child told me she doesn't get to do things like this so I apologised. She was so embarrassed and asked the child where on earth did you get this from that I don't let you do things like this. I didn't know where to look and the mum was not amused. I don't know if ime looking into this too much or not but my hubby says I shouldn't be taking her to places that costs money because maybe she doesn't get it at home and this was why mum was embarrassed. I wish I hadn't said anything to the parent now but I was worried after what the child said.

FussyElmo
22-07-2014, 07:48 PM
I took my after school child to a bungee today and she was so excited. She told me she had never done this before and couldn't wait to tell her mum. She said that mum wouldn't let her do something like this as it's not very safe. Anyway I felt terrible and thought omg I should have asked for permission first so when I dropped her off I told mum where we had been and also explained that the child told me she doesn't get to do things like this so I apologised. She was so embarrassed and asked the child where on earth did you get this from that I don't let you do things like this. I didn't know where to look and the mum was not amused. I don't know if ime looking into this too much or not but my hubby says I shouldn't be taking her to places that costs money because maybe she doesn't get it at home and this was why mum was embarrassed. I wish I hadn't said anything to the parent now but I was worried after what the child said.

Your dh could be right it might have been embarrassment.
It might be the child was right and mum wouldn't have chosen it as an activity for the child.
You don't say how old the child is the mum may feel she is to young for these sore of activities.
The child herself may have never asked to do a bungee so because she has never do one equates this to her mum not wanting her too.