PDA

View Full Version : struggling for activity ideas

Elkie Mawdsley
22-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Hello everyone

My mindee is 2 yrs 3 month and my own baby is 10 months. Am struggling to come up with varied activity ideas and usually end up rotating the following

Painting
Sticking
Free play
Park/Shop/nature walk/groups
Reading time
Singing time
Garden play

I alwaya try and make sure the activity has a purpose - we have been working on shapes, numbers and words recently.

Any other ideas?

Dragonfly
22-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Water play
play dough
saucepans and wooden spoon for 10 mth old/musical instruments
balloons (obviously ones inflated)
sensory bottles
older one make like doing baking with you, putting ingredients into a bowl / on scales
sandpit
playing rolling with a ball. trying to throw a ball into a bucket
throwing bean bags into a hoop laid on the floor
children love just going to see animals

just a few, but someone will come along with lots more in a moment I'd expect.

Kidston
22-07-2014, 07:04 PM
i find ideas here
- The Imagination Tree (http://theimaginationtree.com/)

and pinterest has a never ending supply of ideas i espeially like sensory boxes

Simona
25-07-2014, 07:09 AM
You can also try these...especially for your 2 year old and baby too under supervision

cutting, threading, shredding, cooking, construction, puzzles, games especially Lotto, small world toys, IT and IT table, drawing with chalks, pencils and other resources, sand play with cars and dinosaurs, shaving foam, flour and cornflour, trays with stones or pine cones or natural materials, trains and cars

I don't know if anyone else does this but I list activities and opportunities in my planning alongside the 7 areas for all children and then adapt according to interests
It is a very short list and fits in a A4 planning sheet which is on display for all to see
Good luck

Elkie Mawdsley
29-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Thank you everyone :)

FloraDora
29-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Have you tried just going with the 2 year old? Don't provide activities, let the LO lead? If you have resources available , this often is the best day..go with their creativity...join in their play.....?

gwm
29-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Treasure Basket....