PDA

View Full Version : 3 children under 18months

line6
22-07-2014, 10:53 AM
M looking at e possibility of taking on another young child if / when my current contract finishes. Is would mean that I would have a 9 month old every morning, a 17 month old 2 days a week and a 13 month old 2-4 days a week. As I have no other ey children I know I'm ok numbers wise but I'm wondering about the sanity of it. Anyone have experience of dealing with 3 young ones? It would be two of them most days which is fine but sometimes all 3. What do you do with me all day? I and around juggling food and sleeps that is?

clareelizabeth1
22-07-2014, 11:11 AM
I love having three that young. It is not hard work as such but it is full on and you never stop but at that age you can often get nap time to match which helps.

line6
22-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Thanks! I know I love having the little ones just a bit nervous that I'll bite off more than I can chew!!

shortstuff
22-07-2014, 11:48 AM
I have 3 on Tuesdays. 10 months, 14 months and 19 months. They play really beautifully together. Oh and today I have a 38 month old in the mix too lol.

smurfette
22-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I have had three most days since about a year after I started minding , now they are 2-2.5 years, but I have had three under 18 months before. It is hard work yes, and the days I have two seem easier! However they grow up together get on well, are all at the same stage so activities are easier

You need to figure can u get out and about, I trained them from when they were walking steadily and rotate them around the double buggy if we go any distance , all good walkers now, or drive as near as I can to toddlers etc. You do have to risk assess before you go places. Will u be able to see and look after three there? Depends on the group some I don't go to cos I couldn't!

Be super organised, leave out nappies change of clothes and meals for each one before they come. Get them out and busy in the morning and they will start to sleep all together at nap time and you get a break!

loocyloo
22-07-2014, 12:58 PM
I love having 3 of a similar age. In September I will have 2 days of 10mth to 17mths and I can't wait! It's busy and you do need to be organised in advance ( I usually have snack and lunch 'ready to go') and coordinate sleeps so I get a break!

Have fun xx

Dragonfly
22-07-2014, 01:06 PM
How do you get out and about with 3 so young shortstuff?

rickysmiths
22-07-2014, 02:48 PM
I am similar to shortstuff.

I have a 20 mths, 18mths and 12 mths 4 days aweek and just the 20th and 12 mnth 1 day and I have a 4yr old 3 to 4 days after Nursery.

The 20 mth and 18 mth walk very well and I have a double buggy so i haven't found getting out a bother at all. I love it and they play together so well. I am tired by the end of the day! The first one arrives at 6.30 am and the last leaves at 6pm!

ziggy
22-07-2014, 02:54 PM
mine are nearly 6months, 16months and 18months. the older 2 are only just walking

I only have all 3 on two days a week but they all do a 10 hour day.

It is exhausting but better than coping with badly behaved schoolies lol. We dont have to go out if we dont want to.

I get all 3 down for a nap in afternoon, then i have lunch and rest on sofa with a book.

If we go to toddler group or soft play there are other minders/friends but at this age they prefer to be home

shortstuff
22-07-2014, 03:19 PM
How do you get out and about with 3 so young shortstuff?

I have a triple buggy. Dh found it on an fb page for a bargain £25 :-)

I have to say now I would put the older one on a buggy board on my double. It will make getting around much easier :-)

line6
22-07-2014, 03:56 PM
I currently have my own 3 children - 9, 7 and 4. Plus 4 year old (reception age), 3 year old and 11 month old mindees. I find the after school session so so hard and when my own youngest starts school in sept she will be even more tired than she is now after 2 full days at playschool and I am dreading it. There are many other reasons why I'm thinking of having a change but have had an enquiry from a little one and already have one lined up for after Christmas. I'm thinking the younger ones may be more demanding of my time but less stressful for my own children as so much younger. They love the baby being here now but arguments always seem to break out between the 3, 4 and 4 (almost 5h year olds. Not sure what's the best solution! Thanks for all your comments.

ziggy
22-07-2014, 04:49 PM
I currently have my own 3 children - 9, 7 and 4. Plus 4 year old (reception age), 3 year old and 11 month old mindees. I find the after school session so so hard and when my own youngest starts school in sept she will be even more tired than she is now after 2 full days at playschool and I am dreading it. There are many other reasons why I'm thinking of having a change but have had an enquiry from a little one and already have one lined up for after Christmas. I'm thinking the younger ones may be more demanding of my time but less stressful for my own children as so much younger. They love the baby being here now but arguments always seem to break out between the 3, 4 and 4 (almost 5h year olds. Not sure what's the best solution! Thanks for all your comments.

I always avoided young babies till this year. As I dont have children of my own at home i find it much easier than schoolies and no hassle watching the clock and organising day around school runs. I think having a mix of babies and schoolies is too stressful