PDA

View Full Version : RICHARD OR SARAH we need HELP!!!!!

rickysmiths
21-07-2014, 08:25 AM
We need some tech help please. I have been meaning to post about this for ages and now others have here: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/questions-information-using-forum/132067-disappearing-posts.html#post1371098

Why do we get logged out after a very short time if we are typing a post or get distracted and leave the computer? It is really annoying to loose all our typing and nor be able to retrieve it.

I used to stay logged on to the forum through the day if I was following a thread and just pop on and off for a look when I could without having to log in again and find the thread again.

Why are we logged out so fast these days and can it be changed please?

AliceK
21-07-2014, 08:33 AM
I am not being logged out. I use this site mainly on a laptop. Are you using the app on a mobile/tablet?

xxx

muffins
21-07-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm not being logged out either, haven't had to log in for an extremely long time. I'm on my tablet x

hummingbird2014
21-07-2014, 08:38 AM
I don't get logged of but I only the app x

Richard
21-07-2014, 08:55 AM
You shouldn't get logged out if you have ticked the 'remember me' box when you login.

When I am logged in, I am never asked to login again each time I come to the forum.

Have you changed the web browser you are using?

If you are typing a very long post then the forum does auto save it from time to time.

To recall what it has saved you navigate back to the same thread that you were replying to then click reply again and you will see a button appear that says "Restore Auto Saved Content".

Click the link below to see a screen shot.

Richard

rickysmiths
21-07-2014, 09:20 AM
I have ticked the remember me box and it doesn't seem to make any different. However I can't seem to be able to log on the way I used to at the top of the page. I start the process that way, enter my user name click on 'Log In and it sends me to a page you used to get if you had forgotten your password, I click on that and it logs me in???

Maybe I need to be able to reset my password? I have not changed browser. However once I am logged in if I am not actively searching and reading Threads, so I leave the screen to do something else or my reply is too long I am logged out and as I click the login button to return I am sent to a blank page with the forum logo up in the browser search button!!!!

loocyloo
21-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't get logged out, just seem to lose connection with the website!

i only seem to lose connection when using the computer, but i only use the app on my phone for reading or quick replies as it takes too long to type anything else!

Richard
21-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Are either of you able to send me a screen shot of the screen you are seeing when this happens please?

loocyloo
21-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Are either of you able to send me a screen shot of the screen you are seeing when this happens please?

if you tell me how I might be able to next time it does it! :D

Richard
21-07-2014, 10:51 AM
To take a screen shot on your PC then when you are at the screen you wish to capture hold down the left hand shift key and then press the Print Screen button which is towards the top right.

Then go to something like Microsoft Paint and select Paste which will insert the image.

You can then just save it.

loocyloo
21-07-2014, 12:06 PM
To take a screen shot on your PC then when you are at the screen you wish to capture hold down the left hand shift key and then press the Print Screen button which is towards the top right.

Then go to something like Microsoft Paint and select Paste which will insert the image.

You can then just save it.

:-) I will try!

rickysmiths
21-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Sorry I have been out for the day! I will have a look when mindees have gone home.

loocyloo
22-07-2014, 07:53 PM
typically not happened since!

rickysmiths
23-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Its still happening to me I was in the middle of a long post yesterday stopped in the middle and when I went back and finished and pushed submit I got the log in page so I pushed the button and then instead of being directed back to the thread and seeing my long post posted I got a blank page with the forum logo in the tab. When I return to the forum it looks as if I am still logged in but as soon as I select something I am logged out!

Richard thank you for suggestions my Tech help at home breaks up from school today so we will look at it all tomorrow and come back with any problems.

Kiddleywinks
23-07-2014, 07:08 AM
my Tech help at home breaks up from school today so we will look at it all tomorrow and come back with any problems.

:laughing::laughing: Brilliant :laughing:

rickysmiths
23-07-2014, 07:38 AM
:laughing::laughing: Brilliant :laughing:

Its Hubby!! Though I may ask my daughter she sometimes seems more clued up than him!!

gwm
23-07-2014, 09:13 AM
I still can't find Simona's original post about what the House of Lords were considering or the other post I replied to re the boys and their homework! Losing my reply is one thing but losing the original posts is another.

FussyElmo
23-07-2014, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=gwm;1371365]I still can't find Simona's original post about what the House of Lords were considering or the other post I replied to re the boys and their homework! Losing my reply is one thing but losing the original posts is another.[/QU

the post is still there :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/132008-lords-question-childcare-providers-organisations-affordable-childcare.html