PDA

View Full Version : That was a day!

crazybones
28-07-2008, 04:17 PM
It started off with rain and 2 mindees cancelling after I had cooked up enough scouse to feed an army for them last night. Then the sun came out - great? NO. Mindees all arrived dressed for November - no hats, no lotion and no change of clothes. Oh and no payment but thats another story :rolleyes:
My boys are all in their swimming costumes and want the pool out but the 2 girl mindees were not happy to borrow t-shirts and go in their knickers - so no pool. Will decided to do a really nice poop on my carpet and then I notice 18 month old lo has a huge graze on his head that I wasnt told about - sister tells me he apparently fell from the top of their slide onto concrete last night. They have bickered, moaned, demanded food, refused water, and had every toy in the entire house all over the garden and have finally gone home. To top it all Will has fell asleep on the couch so wont go to bed until late. Plus point though was my two eldest have been fantastic patient and lovely all day and are currently tidying the garden for me :D Almost forgot mindee got hold of Ciaran's DS (which really shouldnt have been left in reach but...) and has jammed the pen into it and moved something inside where the game goes so it is broken.

Me.....I am having a glass of wine. :D

Pudding Girl
28-07-2008, 04:20 PM
what a day indeed!!

miffy
28-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Only a glass? :rolleyes: :D

Think you should text hubby to pick up another bottle on his way home :D

Miffyxx

sarah707
28-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Enjoy your wine!

I will be joining you very soon :D

manjay
28-07-2008, 05:04 PM
You deserve your wine! Wish I could join you:( . My day too has been pants. I have had zero patience and have had mindees that test me to the limit. Roll on 4pm tomorrow:clapping:

LisaH
28-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Yep you have had one hell of a day!! Lol

I have 7 tomorrow and am dreading it, am praying the sun will be shining.

I have started on the wine too. Childminders are in serious danger of becoming alcoholics!! Lol:laughing:

Trouble
28-07-2008, 07:38 PM
have the bottle :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Donkey
28-07-2008, 08:17 PM
have a glass for me too :)

Monkey1
28-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Flippin eck! ....so now is not the time to tell you all mine have been angels and they all went home early:D

ajs
28-07-2008, 08:21 PM
sounds like you desreve your wine

did i tell anyone i had the day off and slept in the garden this afternoon.

kindredspirits
28-07-2008, 09:45 PM
:panic: i would have locked them all in a cupboard!!!! :laughing:

Cazz
28-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Yep you have had one hell of a day!! Lol

I have 7 tomorrow and am dreading it, am praying the sun will be shining.

I have started on the wine too. Childminders are in serious danger of becoming alcoholics!! Lol:laughing:

I was thinking something similar myself! I don't drink very often at the moment (I always seem to be the driver but there we go!) but I'm getting the impression I could be hitting the bottle regularly when I start childminding!

Carole x

P.S. Sorry you've had such a day of it - tomorrow can only be better! Hope the wine hit the spot!