PDA

View Full Version : Permission for outings

claire85
18-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Hi iv just taken on a baby and will be taking her out during the day to places, for the older schoolchildren parents just sign a form when we go on a trip but was thinking babys parent would be signing permission slips a couple days a week. How does everybody cover themselves do they just get the parents to sign a permission form to say i allow xx to take my child out during the day and ask the parent a couple days before the trip if they still give permission . thanks

moggy
18-07-2014, 01:24 PM
When a new child starts I have a whole list of permissions I ask parents to sign agreement to- including taking children on outings. That is all that is required. I do not ask for permission again each time. I tend to let parents know if I am planning a big trip (a 30min drive to the beach etc) but for the general outings to woods, parks, Toddler Groups, library etc then I do not ask or give prior notice. I sometimes note on a weekly plan what we might be doing each day but parents rarely read it and I sometimes change out plans.

Vikki5531
18-07-2014, 01:56 PM
I have a list of general permissions which include Outings to cover the local community (shops, local park, playground) and for any trips further afield (zoo, museums, beach...) I have a separate permission form for parents to sign before we go xx

rickysmiths
18-07-2014, 02:03 PM
I have :-

'To go on outings locally, eg. to toddler groups, childminding group, the park, the library and trips further afield to farms, museums, other parks, into London, age appropriate, by car(my car and my assistant's car), on public transport- train, tube or on the bus or in an emergency a taxi. The appropriate car seats will be used in my car at all times and I am insured for full business use.'

This is all I have. I never get separate slip for individual trips because it is not necessary and because a number of outings are spontaneous dependent on the weather and the children I have with me on the day. If a child is off sick this may change what we do for the day and it isn't always possible to do different sheets. Ofsted have always been happy with what I have.

AliceK
18-07-2014, 03:12 PM
parents sign for permissions at the time of signing contracts which covers taking the children out. If a parent refused to sign then we would not be able to work together. I will tell parents if we are going somewhere which is planned but I won't ask for permission and very often trips are spur of the moment so I don't mention anything although they are always mentioned in the childs daily diary.

xxx

hectors house
18-07-2014, 03:17 PM
My parents sign a general permission form and it's left up to me where and what I do with the children (within reason), sometimes I tell the parents in the morning what I have planned and where we are going, sometimes arrangements are still in the process of being made (texts back & forth with other minders), sometimes they are spur of moment according to the weather or an invite. If the trip is more than 30 mins drive away I will always tell the parents what we are doing and where we are going.

I think in the Sept EYFS Stat Guidance it says it is no longer required to get parents permission for outings.

claire85
18-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks Everyone xx