PDA

View Full Version : menu plans?

2lovelygirls
17-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi - I provide a sample menu in my welcome pack which contains a list of around 10/12 meals, lunches, desserts. I don't rotate this at all - I literally just decide the week before when I do my shopping what we will have. It is varied as I do remember what we've had for the last couple of weeks (I only work 3 days) but just wondering if Ofsted prefer you to have a 4 week rotation system?

thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
17-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Don't think they ever asked

gwm
17-07-2014, 02:54 PM
What you are doing already sounds perfectly fine to me. I work in a similar way. I would hate to have a set rotation of meals....I would hate to think 'It must be chicken today - it's Tuesday'. Ofsted just want to see that you can assemble balanced, age appropriate meals for the children. Your sample menu and a few photos of meals you prepared should be perfectly acceptable. Maybe with a little comment regarding children with allergies.

AliceK
17-07-2014, 03:32 PM
I do have a sample menu in my folder with the types of food children can expect to get for breakfast, lunch and tea but I don't actually write my menu for the week until I am writing out my shopping list at the weekend at which time I will decide based on which children I have for which meals what I will make. Ofsted have never asked me about my menu's although they will have seen the sample in my folder and most of my parent references mention the great food their children are given so maybe they have never felt the need to ask me.

xx

HTSMumma
17-07-2014, 04:23 PM
I do have a sample menu in my folder with the types of food children can expect to get for breakfast, lunch and tea but I don't actually write my menu for the week until I am writing out my shopping list at the weekend at which time I will decide based on which children I have for which meals what I will make. Ofsted have never asked me about my menu's although they will have seen the sample in my folder and most of my parent references mention the great food their children are given so maybe they have never felt the need to ask me. xx
I'm the same, in fact most of the time, I just wing it!
*open fridge* *peer in* *grab food*

Never had any complaints from parents.... Yet!

AliceK
17-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm the same, in fact most of the time, I just wing it!
*open fridge* *peer in* *grab food*

Never had any complaints from parents.... Yet!

Oh I'm not that brave, I dread to think what the children would end up with :laughing:

xxx

2lovelygirls
17-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys :) it works well enough but just had a moment of panic thinking I needed to do something more structured. Expecting my first inspection in sept x

FloraDora
17-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I / DH provide my parents with a weekly menu for the following week on a Friday - nothing to do with ofsted.... I inform parents so that they can plan their evening meals. I then shop for the menu, keep receipts for Environmental officer and Tax. I also find that the week is easier if I /we don't have to think about what we are having for lunch. I don't do a rotational menu, It changes with developing food interests of children and what is seasonal in the garden.
My DH loves cooking, so loves planning and preparing healthy meals.
He also prepares meals for' Friday night in for Parents ' on request..which goes down well!