PDA

View Full Version : is it just me.....

Rickers83
17-07-2014, 06:23 AM
That is gobsmacked at this.....

Lo has a FAMILY picnic & sports day this afternoon, mum said yesterday she will be leaving younger lo 2 with me as its "easier"

I found this slightly odd as I would always include my younger children in their olders siblings school events.

Then this morning dad dropped off & said "see you at sports day"

WOW! when I thought it was mum on her own I almost understood not taking little one, but both parents are going to a FAMILY picnic & leaving some of their family behind......

Does anyone else find this strange?

Koala
17-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Yes, :panic: but typical :panic:

kellib
17-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Yep, I can sort of understand leaving LO with us to have one on one time with older children etc but what I object to is when parents tell LO that's what they are doing resulting in us being left with an upset child because they know they are missing out!

FussyElmo
17-07-2014, 07:18 AM
But the child who they are watching has his parents undivided attention.

So no I don't se anything wrong with it.

Koala
17-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Have I got this right - both parents are going to sports day to see older child and little one is going with you to the same sports day?

bunyip
17-07-2014, 07:48 AM
I understand why you ask the question but, like Fussy, don't see anything wrong with it. Diff'rent strokes.

I have a business minding children. If I constantly asked parents why they don't look after their own children, then I'd not have a business for much longer.

My MIL has no idea why parents want to go to work and pay somebody else to be doing what they should be doing for themselves. She regards leaving a child with a CM/preschool/nursery/etc. as some form of 'abandonment'. Diff'rent strokes.

Btw, can I ask? Would you have charged mum for the lo's place with you if she had pulled them out and taken them to the event herself?

Mouse
17-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Usually, if my younger child had their own routine & place to go, I wouldn't pull them out just to drag them along to an older sibling's sports day. I would leave them where they are used to going and enjoy having a bit of undivided time with the older one.

It sounds as if you are going to have to take the younger child to sports day though? It could be a bit awkward if parents are going to be there, but you're the one there with their child. I would find that a bit odd!

ziggy
17-07-2014, 09:12 AM
having worked in schools/nurseries and attended sports days as a parent I can see why they have done this.

It can be a long, hot/wet, boring event for a 2yr old. Especially if they are expected to sit in one spot for long time