PDA

View Full Version : TRUSS HAS MOVED TO BE THE ENVIRONMENT SECRETARY!!!! whoop whoop

VeggieSausage
15-07-2014, 11:26 AM
She has moved jobs and Gove gone too - pity they slashed the whole system to bits before they did.....

VeggieSausage
15-07-2014, 11:30 AM
although the environment is going to need some support before she slashes and burns that too....

Jiorjiina
15-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Maybe she can try and change their policy based on the format from a country that has since discredited it and barely visiting any sites in this country.

jackie 7
15-07-2014, 02:04 PM
We need to email the new one. Tell her what we think about agencies .

gwm
15-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I just feel sorry for the polar bears.....when she decides that they would be more effective if they lived like the penguins..........................

Jayse74
15-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I let out a massive roar of delight earlier when I found out the news! This made my two teenagers look at me as if I had gone nuts or something :clapping:

Ding dong the... sorry I should behave :laughing:

watford wizz
16-07-2014, 05:08 AM
I think the whole country let out a roar of delight on hearing Gove and Truss have been moved ! LOL grrrr grrrrr

Simona
16-07-2014, 06:29 AM
I just feel sorry for the polar bears.....when she decides that they would be more effective if they lived like the penguins..........................

Poor polar bears ...they make me think of independent CMs ...roaming around, solitary and looking for sustainment all the time ...compared to penguins, huddled together and acting on cue...rather like agency cms may do!!

Reading from the press it appears Truss has not really got any views on climate change....apart from she admits it is man made......what medicine will she administer to us poor people causing this disaster?

I also read the Environment is not what she expected as promotion... maybe she did not get listened to! Sad really1

Mouse
16-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Is Truss being replaced, or has that not been mentioned?

Simona
16-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Is Truss being replaced, or has that not been mentioned?

At the moment there has been no mention of a childcare/EY/children's Minister but there are more ministerial appointments being made today

Twitter questioned the whole day yesterday why there is no childcare minister and we have asked can we have one please...several tweets being sent to Cameron as he announced his reshuffle by EY people
I believe there is a Minister for schools ...Nick Gibb returns to DfE to fill that space

So we wait to hear...will keep you posted if anything happens

rickysmiths
16-07-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't think Independent childminders will be floundering around at all. I think that is being quite derisory about them. In our area we are all working together and with our children's centre. We have been arranging First Aid, Child Protection and other Training ourselves for 2-3 years now with no problems. There are plenty of organizations that ICMs can join that offer support as well.

Simona
16-07-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't think Independent childminders will be floundering around at all. I think that is being quite derisory about them. In our area we are all working together and with our children's centre. We have been arranging First Aid, Child Protection and other Training ourselves for 2-3 years now with no problems. There are plenty of organizations that ICMs can join that offer support as well.

There are 152 LAs and I can reassure you not all are being as supportive as yours...
yes there is support but it is patchy as is the working relationship between providers ...time to start real meaningful professional dialogue as we are in this together.

Still I think...as many others do...that we need an EY Minister after all the spin that EY is sooooo important!
Yes there are 4 Associations representing CMs so we do have a choice to join the one we feel speaks for us :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
16-07-2014, 03:23 PM
There are 152 LAs and I can reassure you not all are being as supportive as yours...
yes there is support but it is patchy as is the working relationship between providers ...time to start real meaningful professional dialogue as we are in this together.

Still I think...as many others do...that we need an EY Minister after all the spin that EY is sooooo important!
Yes there are 4 Associations representing CMs so we do have a choice to join the one we feel speaks for us :thumbsup:

Nothing to do with my LA Simona. We support ourselves and have done for the last couple of years as the LA support has virtually disappeared. I have lived where I do for 10 years and I have never had the help of a DO. It is through our own work that we have built up a relationship with our local CC and it is since the Manager changed. We have also started a very large group locally and at the first meeting we had approx 50 childminders, the intention is for us to all offer support to each other and to reach out further in our local areas to other cm. So Simona nothing to do with our LA supporting us at all it is all self motivated and truly Independent and something all childminders who are Independently minded could do as well. Hertfpordhire is one of the bigger and more spread out Counties in the Country, if we can do it so can others if they want to.

Simona
16-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Nothing to do with my LA Simona. We support ourselves and have done for the last couple of years as the LA support has virtually disappeared. I have lived where I do for 10 years and I have never had the help of a DO. It is through our own work that we have built up a relationship with our local CC and it is since the Manager changed. We have also started a very large group locally and at the first meeting we had approx 50 childminders, the intention is for us to all offer support to each other and to reach out further in our local areas to other cm. So Simona nothing to do with our LA supporting us at all it is all self motivated and truly Independent and something all childminders who are Independently minded could do as well. Hertfpordhire is one of the bigger and more spread out Counties in the Country, if we can do it so can others if they want to.

Well done you ...I agree that it is down to self motivation and being proactive and 50 cms is a good number!
Do you have good relationships with nurseries and preschools as well?...sorry for the deviation in the thread ...just curious
good luck and keep up the good work

bunyip
16-07-2014, 05:59 PM
TRUSS HAS MOVED TO BE THE ENVIRONMENT SECRETARY!!!! whoop whoop

I wouldn't start cheering too soon.

I expect it's the first step towards privatising the environment and finding some multinational charging us to use "their" oxygen. :(

rickysmiths
17-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Well done you ...I agree that it is down to self motivation and being proactive and 50 cms is a good number!
Do you have good relationships with nurseries and preschools as well?...sorry for the deviation in the thread ...just curious
good luck and keep up the good work

Ha! Ha! now that would be good. No not at all and this was demonstrated yesterday when my Primary Deputy Head told me that there had been a meeting of all the local schools this week because they are all down on Nursery age children in Sept. Most have only 20 or less enrolled when up to now they have all been over subscribed. Indeed this mums school where I have been collecting from Nursery, there were the full 30 this year and they had 80 applications for 30 Reception places. It has been a real shock to them all. I thought they worked with the local Children's Centres but it would seem they haven't been doing so because she was bemoaning the fact that they had no way of advertising to up and coming 3 year olds. When I asked didn't they work with the CC she seemed a bit bemused!! I also suggested she and her school promote the use of the excellent Home from Home wrap around care that Childminder's offer!:rolleyes:

To be honest I think the problem is that the affluent families we have in the area both work long hours in London. They need care from 7am to at least 6.30pm and to have a child in School Nursery from 9 to 12 is a logistical nightmare for them. They get their 15 hours free in the Private Nurseries and now with more and more childminder's so it is clear they are not using the school Nursery.

She was moaning that they have lost £20,000 funding as a result and so have had to get rid of one of the Nursery TA's

She is clear that the school don't want to take 2ys olds and nor do they want to get into offering full day care that could be wrapped around by using the before and after school club, they don't believe this would be in the best interests of the children. At least some schools have some sense! However how long will it last before the financial issues make them start to offer all day care for 2-4 yr olds?

hectors house
17-07-2014, 01:20 PM

We have done the same in our town - since last July we have had our own Independent Childminding Group, now have 22 members, probably only a quarter of the town's childminders are not in the group, we organise our own first aid and safe guarding training, have our own website to advertise vacancies and provide support for each other.