will keep you posted when confirmed :thumbsup:

loocyloo
14-07-2014, 08:27 PM
...not confirmed yet but this is what is trending on Twitter

Truss becomes Minister for Universities
Gove takes over the Foreign Office

will keep you posted when confirmed :thumbsup:

..... ooooo yes please!

but who is coming through for Education??? !

Mouse
14-07-2014, 08:42 PM
That's a worry for the Foreign Office. Another department for him to totally demoralise :panic:

Simona
14-07-2014, 09:14 PM
That's a worry for the Foreign Office. Another department for him to totally demoralise :panic:

Well the Foreign Office post is vacant as Hague is quitting...so who knows?
I am reading about Truss for BIS...is that Business innovation and Skills?
not sure...tomorrow all will be revealed
Looks like the long knives are out ...it's a big reshuffle

Simona
14-07-2014, 09:33 PM
New Foreign Secretary announced...it is not Gove...I bet he will stay put...unfortunately :angry: but miracles do happen sometimes

FloraDora
14-07-2014, 09:41 PM
My fingers are still crossed xxxxxx
But they won't make him defence .....and I know in my heart that Cameron doesn't really want him anywhere else...
Will follow until I drop tonight though.

Mouse
14-07-2014, 09:52 PM
I've not heard Gove mentioned on any news report, so I guess he's staying where he is. Truss has had the odd, brief mention, so hopefully she's on the move!

FloraDora
14-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Huffington Post said May, Osborne and Gove are safe

Simona
15-07-2014, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE=FloraDora;1370243]Huffington Post said May, Osborne and Gove are safe

FloraDora
15-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Michael Gove to leave Education!!!!
Now who will be next , I have been through this so many times...unfortunately sometimes at this point you say "better the devil you know " .....can't see me thinking this on this occasion.
Not sorry to see Clarke go - he wasn't a wonderful Education secretary either!!

Waiting game....

loocyloo
15-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Nicky Morgan is the new education minister.

liz truss is the new environment minister. :D sorry for the environment but hurrah for us!

Mouse
15-07-2014, 09:06 AM
So Gove & Truss have gone!!!

Gove to become the chief whip - that's not even a real job is it? A bit of a demotion for him?

rickysmiths
15-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Yes as someone has said the Chief Whip is a bit of a non job where people disappear into the depths of the Houses of Parliament never to be seen again!!! Many will approve of that for Gove! However he is going to be a Chief broadcaster for the party during the election which may be a bit of a mistake!

Truss is in Environment and good luck to her as I think in many ways it is a bit of a lost cause.

Mouse
15-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes as someone has said the Chief Whip is a bit of a non job where people disappear into the depths of the Houses of Parliament never to be seen again!!! Many will approve of that for Gove! However he is going to be a Chief broadcaster for the party during the election which may be a bit of a mistake!

Truss is in Environment and good luck to her as I think in many ways it is a bit of a lost cause.

That's what they say at the moment. I bet that come general election time he is mysteriously moved elsewhere :p

FussyElmo
15-07-2014, 10:50 AM
A great start... New Education Secretary Nicky Morgan voted against equal marriage. Our schools are now run by someone who doesn't believe in (gay) equality.

Mmm lets hope its not an omen for things to come :(

Kiddleywinks
15-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Well I'm a happy bunny today, just the wait to find out who replaces Truss.
Let's hope Nicky Morgan can see the wood for the trees

rickysmiths
15-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Well I'm a happy bunny today, just the wait to find out who replaces Truss.
Let's hope Nicky Morgan can see the wood for the trees

And untangle the mess and save our schools and the Teaching Profession.

FloraDora
15-07-2014, 11:09 AM
The jury's out for Nicky Morgan, but like Fussy Elmo highlighted, her faith doesn't reconcile gay marriage so the equalities and diversity agenda will be interesting to watch, plus she was privately educated...this always rangles me...an education secretary who knows nothing about the state sector ...plus coming from money, has no idea what it is like for families and children growing up in areas of deprivation....
Oh dear, I am off to hunt for positives!!!

Simona
15-07-2014, 02:24 PM
The jury's out for Nicky Morgan, but like Fussy Elmo highlighted, her faith doesn't reconcile gay marriage so the equalities and diversity agenda will be interesting to watch, plus she was privately educated...this always rangles me...an education secretary who knows nothing about the state sector ...plus coming from money, has no idea what it is like for families and children growing up in areas of deprivation....
Oh dear, I am off to hunt for positives!!!

Morgan's full brief is Secretary for Education, Women and Equality...deary me the last 2 have to be a joke!
Gove gone...so miracles can happen :thumbsup:

Unfortunately we do not seem to have a Minister for EY or children or families...rather strange after the passing of the Children and Family Act 2014?

FloraDora
15-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Morgan's full brief is Secretary for Education, Women and Equality...deary me the last 2 have to be a joke!
Gove gone...so miracles can happen :thumbsup:

Unfortunately we do not seem to have a Minister for EY or children or families...rather strange after the passing of the Children and Family Act 2014?

I think this will come in the small print....lowest of low resposibility in their eyes...which makes me cross.
Nicky Morgan is so going to have to review her faith as, if she is representing all women, she needs to be on board. The Archbishop of Canterbury has done a u turn - she will have to too.

She has been put their to get us all back on the Conservative side...someone has done the add ups and realised just how many childminders, nursery and school workers and parents are anti the Conservative party now because of Gove, so in the run up to the election her job is to get us all on board....reform wise its all been done and nothing will change...she is there to tick over and get voters....lets hope not many will be taken in by this. Hague would have been the only one to convince me so...
Meanwhile ...a kir royal has been made in celebration of Mr Gove being told off, demoted and pushed aside...this little terrier is not going to go down well whipping the mp's I am sure. I expect he is feeling a bit down tonight ...now he knows how we all have felt in the last few years.

Simona
15-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I think this will come in the small print....lowest of low resposibility in their eyes...which makes me cross.
Nicky Morgan is so going to have to review her faith as, if she is representing all women, she needs to be on board. The Archbishop of Canterbury has done a u turn - she will have to too.

She has been put their to get us all back on the Conservative side...someone has done the add ups and realised just how many childminders, nursery and school workers and parents are anti the Conservative party now because of Gove, so in the run up to the election her job is to get us all on board....reform wise its all been done and nothing will change...she is there to tick over and get voters....lets hope not many will be taken in by this. Hague would have been the only one to convince me so...
Meanwhile ...a kir royal has been made in celebration of Mr Gove being told off, demoted and pushed aside...this little terrier is not going to go down well whipping the mp's I am sure. I expect he is feeling a bit down tonight ...now he knows how we all have felt in the last few years.

Nicky Morgan looks like needs to find out about education...her knowledge of it is not really in her past experience...her corporate law practice can be compared to Gove journalistic skills ...far removed from state education

BBC News - Profile: Nicky Morgan (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-28317366#)

rickysmiths
15-07-2014, 09:22 PM
They prob think Truss has done such a good job abd with the onset of Agencies to do the work for them they don't need and EY Minister any more.