PDA

View Full Version : No space on course run by council

RainbowDrops
14-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Hiya,
If you're in one of the facebook groups you may have seen this post... but basically my local council have said there is no space on the course this year and no space to even attend the initial meetings. I was then told that everything is changing in October and they may stop the course for individuals wanting to become independent childminders!
I have no idea what to do, I know it sounds silly but I am absolutely devastated. Obviously the course has to be the one run by the council so I guess there is nothing else I can do??
:(

Kiddleywinks
14-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Didn't want to read and run..... but don't panic!!

I'm sure someone will be along that's going through the current process, to reassure you.

I have a feeling there are some online courses you can do, but I couldn't tell you who, sorry.
Have you tried calling pacey?

Rick
14-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Your LA will need to confirm whether you can do an online course. It would seem unfair not to allow either a face to face course or an online one

Chatterbox Childcare
15-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Go back to your LA and ask what approved courses they have? You may need to do it online now but at least you can do it.

bunyip
15-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Have you asked to be put on a reserve list, in case someone drops out?

RainbowDrops
16-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Have you asked to be put on a reserve list, in case someone drops out?

Thank you, yes I have asked for the form to fill out in case there are any spaces :) Thanks all will speak to PACEY too x

hummingbird2014
17-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Just done my LA course and they said that it isn't going to be a requirement when the new EYFS starts that you need to do it through them. PACEY I believe do one and it maybe quicker than waiting for your LA after all Christmas is on the way lol x