PDA

View Full Version : welcome pack

Kidston
12-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Sorry i know this has been asked a lot but im struggling to find anything when searching.
What do you include in your welcome packs?

And if possible would anyone mind emailing me a copy of their welcome pack. I promise I wont steal work but seeing something laid out in front of me helps get my mind working better

Kaybeaa
12-07-2014, 10:44 PM
My welcome pack included a bit about me and my family, my history and qualifications, along with a list of outings I would go on, the activities id provide and toys I have at my setting, my fees and why I charge them, a list of what parents should provide for their children along with a list of policies which I would email to parents once contract agreed. It doesn't need to be all singing and dancing just put info in there that you feel is relevant to the parents you're trying to attract x

Kidston
13-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Thank you thats very helpful.

Do people include when payments due date, bank details, late payment fees?

moggy
13-07-2014, 08:25 PM
All payment details are in contract and in my fees info in my Portfolio and copy sent to parents in email after they have visited me and shown an interest.

You have 2 audiences so you might want to make 2 documents:

1] 'Portfolio' for people who might want you to be their childminder- info about you/family, opening hours/days, qualifications, how you work, where you go, fees/payments/deposits and holidays, sample menus, daily/weekly routine etc, This is what the prospective clients sit and look through when they first visit you and you can send them a copy at home. You could also make a simplified version as a 'leaflet' to give out as marketing.

2] 'Welcome pack' for when contracts are being signed and child is starting with you- policies and permission forms (these could include all the details of fees/payments/holiday fees/giving notice/deposit etc or a copy of what is in contract), what to bring from home (nappies, spare clothes), settling in proceedure (visits, how many etc), about daily diary, about gathering info from home, All About Me form for parents to fill in.

Kidston
13-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Moggy thank you that has really helped clear things up for me i would of put all that into one document otherwise.
Now Ive pretty much finished getting everything ready for pre reg visit moving on to all the other information I need feels like starting from the beginning again and im full of questions.
Thannk you for your help in a few of the threads ive posted.

mum67
07-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Trust me Kidston, once I was registered I found tons more I needed or wanted to do to keep up with things. Still doing it now, I am constantly making sure I have the latest info on any documents that have changed by one sentence or more just to be on top of it. Thanks to everyone on here especially Simona who is forever updating us on changes to paperwork or guidelines so we don't miss anything.

And all the other great forum members too numerous to mention who keep us bobbin on.

Thanks to you all by the way.