PDA

View Full Version : outings risk assessments

Kidston
12-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Do you include a map of your planned route in your outtings risk assessments?

moggy
12-07-2014, 07:55 PM
No, no need for that.

And I keep mine generic- RA a generic 'supermarket' visit, 'woods' visit, 'beach', 'school run', 'Toddler group', 'playgrounds and parks' and so on. We go to too many places to be doing any more than that. It does not need to be written down anyway, so even writing it is going above and beyond the requirements.

Don't make work for yourself.

Anyway, 'planned routes' are useless once you decide to take the scenic route instead, divert via somewhere else, go from one place on to another place, road works in your way, diversions... or you take the wrong turning!

Kidston
12-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Thank you that helps a lot and saves me a lot of time and ink!

moggy
12-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Thank you that helps a lot and saves me a lot of time and ink!

No need to print them either, really, if you want to save ink. You can show on-screen, if anyone asks to see them.

Kidston
16-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Another question when doing a risk assessment for a playgroup or toddler group do you just do the journey there or whike your there too? Playgroups will already have risk assessments done so not sure if u need to or not.

Kle1234
16-08-2014, 02:37 PM
No just where you've been, how many children you took, and what time you left and came back x

Chatterbox Childcare
16-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I have one risk assessment for Car and one for Walking - I put on all my other risk assessments "see car" or "see walking" and then add anything on afterwards