PDA

View Full Version : My certificate has arrived!

Vikki5531
12-07-2014, 02:11 PM
WooHoo I'm over-joyed! I am now officially an Ofsted Registered childminder :)

Glitter
12-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Congratulations!:clapping:

Rebeccadale
12-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Congrats its a great feeling isnt it! I got mine just a few weeks back.

Just curious but does it say on your certificate how many children you are able to care for? I also registered for overnight care and with my husband as assistant but nowhere on cert of accompanying letter does it state any of this.

Becky :)

shortstuff
12-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Yay congrats :-)

JKL
12-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Congrats! Fab news! Xxx

Vikki5531
12-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Thankyou :) I've got it framed and hanging proudly in my hallway x

tonib
12-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Yay!!! Congratulations x

flipflop20
12-07-2014, 07:56 PM
WooHoo I'm over-joyed! I am now officially an Ofsted Registered childminder :)

Yay congrats :) x

covgalxxx
12-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Yay, get you,

littlepumpkins
13-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Yay Vikki, so pleased for you :)

When are you starting childminding? X

Vikki5531
13-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Yay Vikki, so pleased for you :) When are you starting childminding? X

I have a 9 month old boy waiting to start, so I'm hoping to get all the paperwork signed this week and start some settling in sessions xx

Mummits
13-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Well done. Hope it goes really well for you. :clapping:

Kiddleywinks
13-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Congratulations, now, let the madness begin :laughing:

Kiddleywinks
13-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Congrats its a great feeling isnt it! I got mine just a few weeks back.

Just curious but does it say on your certificate how many children you are able to care for? I also registered for overnight care and with my husband as assistant but nowhere on cert of accompanying letter does it state any of this.

Becky :)

They stopped putting numbers on certificates when there was all sorts of hoo hars going on (childminder agencies, proposed changes to ratios etc), you now refer to the EYFS
Childminders
3.39 At any one time, childminders may care for a maximum of six children
under the age of eight. Of these six children, a maximum of three may be
young children, and there should only be one child under the age of one.
Any care provided for older children must not adversely affect the care of
children receiving early years provision.

3.41 If a childminder employs an assistant or works with another
childminder, each childminder (or assistant) may care for the number of
children permitted by the ratios specified above. Children may be left in the
sole care of childminders’ assistants for 2 hours at most in a single day.
Childminders must obtain parents and/or carers’ permission to leave children
with an assistant, including for very short periods of time. For childminders
providing overnight care, the ratios continue to apply and the childminder
must always be able to hear the children (this may be via a monitor).

pinkzed
13-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Yay congratulations, I have my visit on Friday feeling stressed about it. Just want it over so I can get going!

Vikki5531
13-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Congrats its a great feeling isnt it! I got mine just a few weeks back. Just curious but does it say on your certificate how many children you are able to care for? I also registered for overnight care and with my husband as assistant but nowhere on cert of accompanying letter does it state any of this. Becky :)

Sorry Becky, only just seen this reply. Nope my certificate doesn't state how many children I can care for, but during my pre-reg visit, the inspector did say I have enough space for maximum numbers :) x

Vikki5531
13-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Yay congratulations, I have my visit on Friday feeling stressed about it. Just want it over so I can get going!

I was really stressed aswell and hardly got a wink of sleep the night before, but honestly it was nothing like I anticipated! I found it a great experience and I got loads of advice and tips off Mrs O.

Good luck for Friday and let us know how it goes x

littlepumpkins
14-07-2014, 09:18 AM
I was really stressed aswell and hardly got a wink of sleep the night before, but honestly it was nothing like I anticipated! I found it a great experience and I got loads of advice and tips off Mrs O. Good luck for Friday and let us know how it goes x

Vikki can I ask what you learnt regarding the EYFS and frameworks etc, I'm all in a tis now knowing Ofsted have my application as it could be quick or slow till I receive my visit but wana be prepared just in case it's quicker than I thought.

Trying to get paperwork in separate folders etc now and just get odd jobs done so the house is perfect x

Vikki5531
14-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Vikki can I ask what you learnt regarding the EYFS and frameworks etc, I'm all in a tis now knowing Ofsted have my application as it could be quick or slow till I receive my visit but wana be prepared just in case it's quicker than I thought. Trying to get paperwork in separate folders etc now and just get odd jobs done so the house is perfect x

I have a folder with the EYFS, Development Matters, Early Years Outcomes and the 2 year progress check (The Inspector also checked that I had these). I just read through them all thoroughly to make sure I understood them.

She didn't really go into much depth on them, it was mainly the questions in the Ofsted booklet she asked me, so make sure you have completed this.

I also have a Portfolio which has all my Policies and Procedures, risk assessments, certificates and an information booklet printed from the DfE website for parents introducing them to the EYFS (which Mrs O liked). She also liked that I had printed off posters (hand-washing, diversity alphabet, Ofsted Poster, Welcome Poster...) and was noting all this down.

Honestly, it's not anything to worry about :) I've got 3 parent interviews tomorrow, so I'm trying to prepare myself for that, eek! Xx

hummingbird2014
14-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah well done xxx

appletart88
14-07-2014, 12:20 PM
I have a folder with the EYFS, Development Matters, Early Years Outcomes and the 2 year progress check (The Inspector also checked that I had these). I just read through them all thoroughly to make sure I understood them. She didn't really go into much depth on them, it was mainly the questions in the Ofsted booklet she asked me, so make sure you have completed this. I also have a Portfolio which has all my Policies and Procedures, risk assessments, certificates and an information booklet printed from the DfE website for parents introducing them to the EYFS (which Mrs O liked). She also liked that I had printed off posters (hand-washing, diversity alphabet, Ofsted Poster, Welcome Poster...) and was noting all this down. Honestly, it's not anything to worry about :) I've got 3 parent interviews tomorrow, so I'm trying to prepare myself for that, eek! Xx

Wow it sounds like you were so well organised! Congrats on the families I hope all goes well. I have my pre reg tomorrow, do you have to have the EYFS/ Dev matters printed out? I have mine saved on the computer is that ok do you think?
Ta xx

Vikki5531
14-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Wow it sounds like you were so well organised! Congrats on the families I hope all goes well. I have my pre reg tomorrow, do you have to have the EYFS/ Dev matters printed out? I have mine saved on the computer is that ok do you think? Ta xx

It took me a year to become registered, so I had plenty of time :)

I don't think it has to be printed out, but she did ask to see mine. Would it be easily accessible to show the Inspector on your computer if she asked?

Good luck for tomorrow xx

appletart88
14-07-2014, 01:33 PM
It took me a year to become registered, so I had plenty of time :) I don't think it has to be printed out, but she did ask to see mine. Would it be easily accessible to show the Inspector on your computer if she asked? Good luck for tomorrow xx

Yes I'm planning to have everything out on my dining room table so I can have the laptop set up with tabs open ready. Thank you, I'm starting to get really nervous! I just hope I've not forgotten anything x