PDA

View Full Version : buggypod?

loocyloo
12-07-2014, 07:21 AM
good morning!

well, for the first time in over 10 years of minding, it looks like I am going to need a triple buggy in september! ( babes will be 10mth/12mth/17mth ! 17mth old currently 15mth and showing no sign of walking - pulls to stand but that's it - language development is where LO is at the moment! 12mth old already walking and not liking to being in buggy. ALL of them wrigglers! )

I don't like the stroller triple buggies, as too wide for pavements round here! I've looked at the ABC buggies etc, but I really don't want one, and can't quite justify it, as I will only need it for a max of 2 days a week, for a max of 6 mths! I've looked at the seat to go, but don't think any of the LOs would stay on it! I usually get by with the buggy board, but again, I think they are all too little ( I did see on the buggypod website an ingenious seat thing to clip onto a buggy board so make a seat you strap them into, which you can then use as a booster seat at the table :D - but not available till October! ) ... so it looks like my only option is the buggy pod!

the other reason for this is that I will be collecting and dropping at least 1 child, probably 2 at the school gates, so don't really want to be walking an unwieldy triple home with one child in it! at least with a buggy pod I can fold it up!

i have an old mothercare urban detour twin which i love, BUT, on the buggypod site is not listed at all! a similar buggy is the mothercare vesta twin but only the vesta is listed as not compatible! ... does ANYONE know if it will fit? i don't know ( never seen ) anyone locally to me with one that i could ask to try! it would fit on my macclaren twin stroller, which i could use, but prefer my 3 wheeler! ooooo ... whilst just looking to see if it would fit on a nipper - couldn't find a nipper on the compatibility list but ... did find 'urban detour' buggies at the bottom ... and it is compatible with all of them EXCEPT the vesta ( and i know mine isn't the vesta! )

the alternative is a backpack, but I'm not convinced i want to go down that route ... as all 3 LOs are not little !!!

can anyone suggest a lightweight back pack? and or ... any other ideas?

thank you if you got this far with my musings! DH is NOT interested, apart from the thought that i might have ANOTHER buggy in the garage or the hope i MIGHT get rid of some !!! HAHA!

mrsb79
12-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Hi personally don't go down the triple route they are big bulky and very tiring to push especially on bin days if you really must give your local toy library a call they may have one you can rent rather than pay out lots of money. I have a triple a double and several singles but I won't use the triple anymore as I've just purchased a babasling which can be used upto 2+ yrs and it isn't as constricting as other slings just a thought x

shrinking3
12-07-2014, 08:26 AM
I had one of these and it just didnt feel safe. Up and down kerbs was difficult too. I have a similar situation at the moment and am using a carrier -the long bits of material you tie round u - baby is secure and my hands are free. He's a chunky monkey too ! I also have a graco sit and ride as soon as I can I will start using this. Little ones can often use from about 18 months

Mummits
12-07-2014, 09:36 AM
I've seen a Joovy Big Caboose which is an American tandem pushchair (I think that's the right term = I mean one behind the other) which has a built in toddler step/seat for a third child with its own harness which I think is likely to be safer than a buggy board. I'd get one myself if hubby wouldn't spit all his teeth out at the prospect of yet another pram in the garage! I've also seen online that you can get a third proper seat to fit onto the back with poppers to make it into a real three in a row baby train! I rather like the idea as it gives a lot of flexibility for varying numbers and ages.

loocyloo
12-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I've seen a Joovy Big Caboose which is an American tandem pushchair (I think that's the right term = I mean one behind the other) which has a built in toddler step/seat for a third child with its own harness which I think is likely to be safer than a buggy board. I'd get one myself if hubby wouldn't spit all his teeth out at the prospect of yet another pram in the garage! I've also seen online that you can get a third proper seat to fit onto the back with poppers to make it into a real three in a row baby train! I rather like the idea as it gives a lot of flexibility for varying numbers and ages.

thanks all ...

I don't like the tandems personally as too long. and yes, DH will not be impressed if I add another buggy to the collection! hence my wanting to try and 'sneak' a 3rd option in! he already asks when I haven't used a double for a while if I'm getting rid of it!

shrinking3 ... that's what was worrying me - the up & down curbs and general safety. I have selection of everything else to cover every eventuality - never know, I might be ok with buggy board/walkers come September ( could also do pick ups/drop offs by car :0) ... ) I'm just not sure about using a sling for a minded child ( incidentally - do you carry them facing you or facing out? )

mrsb79 ... if I had a toy library i would definitely ask ... but we don't have them in my area ( or anywhere vaguely close! ) and neither do I know anyone with a triple I could borrow/try!

I borrow a babasling from mum of current 15 mth old ... we still need a hand to hold LO in! I couldn't push a buggy as well as use a sling as LO has been known to almost throw himself out in his excitement to get to someone! ( with me and with mum !!! )

I am starting to think that a back pack is the way to go, OR bite the bullet and go down the ABC route!

xx

xx

mrsb79
12-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Have you tried any of the others in the babasling ? Maybe one of the others would suit the sling best x

loocyloo
12-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Have you tried any of the others in the babasling ? Maybe one of the others would suit the sling best x

I don't currently have any of the others ... But knowing them all ... They are all rather wiggly little people! And none of them are used to being carried in a sling :-(

muffins
12-07-2014, 07:52 PM
I have an easy x rider on the back of my mountain duet for when I have 3, its perfect! :)

I used to have an ABC buggy which I loved, it was soooo light to push, I only sold it when I no longer needed it and didn't have a garage then to store it:(. The only downside was it was huge folded and only just fitted in the back of my zafira with back (3rd) row of seats down!

samb
12-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Easy x rider here too- so fantastic and highly recommend - easy to attach easy to take off, kids love it, feels sturdy, I often hold the back hole on the sea then going up and down a large kerb but still is ok. Worth every penny

loocyloo
12-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Ooo Thanks I like the look of that ... Not come across them before x

lisbet
13-07-2014, 07:08 AM
I have an easy x rider on the back of a double nipper and it works really well.

If you did want to get a back carrier then I'd recommend the Babyhawk Oh Snap - a world away from the Babasling.

shrinking3
13-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I carry him facing me. I feel safer that way. He is a baby that loves to be swaddled and cuddled close tho. I have seen buggy boards that are shaped like a step what about one of them? I have a kid sit board which attaches to my out n about. Someone gave it to me and I just looked for it on amazon - over 100 pound!!!!!

Rachel6
13-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Hi, I also had the mothercare pushchair that you had,I got a set of baby reins & attached them to the hooks so child was safe,as like you it was only for one day & I didn't want a tripple buggy x

jillplum
14-07-2014, 01:00 PM
I turned my urban detour double into a triple by fixing a toddler pram seat to the front trianglular piece with cable ties. The seat was something like emmalunga I think. It was a folding seat with straps. Worked fab.

loocyloo
14-07-2014, 01:27 PM
I turned my urban detour double into a triple by fixing a toddler pram seat to the front trianglular piece with cable ties. The seat was something like emmalunga I think. It was a folding seat with straps. Worked fab.

ooo, that's an idea. thank you x

mama2three
14-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Ivejust gt on of these from ebay - Bibi comfort plus strolli *****RARE***** includes all attachments | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bibi-comfort-plus-strolli-RARE-includes-all-attachments/261520443978?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3D8310234522209132713 %26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140107083358%26rk%3D1%26 rkt%3D10%26sd%3D251327209641) theyre quite hard to find ( have been replaced by the bike seat kind)but ive just tested it this morning on my double and it works brilliantly instead of needing the triple. I bought it because 1 day a week from sept I have 4 who are too little to walk the whole school run , so Ill need this AND the triple!!

muffins
14-07-2014, 04:57 PM

I would be careful of modifying anything like that as it will no longer be covered by your insurance.

loocyloo
14-07-2014, 08:10 PM
I would be careful of modifying anything like that as it will no longer be covered by your insurance.

that's what I thought, and also ... I can't find one for sale anywhere !!!!

mama2three

Ivejust gt on of these from ebay - Bibi comfort plus strolli *****RARE***** includes all attachments | eBay theyre quite hard to find ( have been replaced by the bike seat kind)but ive just tested it this morning on my double and it works brilliantly instead of needing the triple. I bought it because 1 day a week from sept I have 4 who are too little to walk the whole school run , so Ill need this AND the triple!!

oh my word!!! a strolli & a triple !!!!!
I used to have the strolli and it was great, but I found the children needed to be at least 2yrs old, and able to hold on! everyone always wanted a go! I moved onto the buggy board because it was easier to tuck it up out of the way! plus on the double ( like with the strolli ) I can have it on one side, and still have room for my legs! )
I loved that it didn't make my buggy any wider that it was usually. I used to put the child using the strolli in an all in one waterproof and waterproof ski mittens in the winter! my mum found me a 'souwester' hat ( a bit like Christopher Robin wears in the rain! ) that was also worn, so that the child stayed dry in the rain !!!

enjoy the strolli - I expect you'll be explaining it to everyone for ever!

loocyloo
14-07-2014, 08:25 PM
ok ... I have just been asked if I am interested in buying a phil & teds ... I'm not sure I am really, however, the thought of only having one buggy in the garage, rather than 2 big ones, is appealing! ( although I love my detour and the fact that LOs can lie almost flat in it to sleep )

anyhooooooo ... does/would the easy X rider fit on one? I have no idea what type of phil & teds it is, just a friend of a friend of a friend!

lisbet
14-07-2014, 08:59 PM
ok ... I have just been asked if I am interested in buying a phil & teds ... I'm not sure I am really, however, the thought of only having one buggy in the garage, rather than 2 big ones, is appealing! ( although I love my detour and the fact that LOs can lie almost flat in it to sleep )

anyhooooooo ... does/would the easy X rider fit on one? I have no idea what type of phil & teds it is, just a friend of a friend of a friend!

Easy X Rider have a facebook page and people post pictures of the board attached to various pushchairs. You can also message the seller and he'll let you know if it fits - although that will only tell you if it will physically attach, rather than how comfy it is to push with it in place. Samb kindly posted pictures of her Easy X Rider on a side by side P&T in this thread:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/128345-3-seaters.html

loocyloo
14-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Easy X Rider have a facebook page and people post pictures of the board attached to various pushchairs. You can also message the seller and he'll let you know if it fits - although that will only tell you if it will physically attach, rather than how comfy it is to push with it in place. Samb kindly posted pictures of her Easy X Rider on a side by side P&T in this thread:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/128345-3-seaters.html

Oooo. Thank you .... ummmm I'm liking that!
(I'm not on Facebook)

lisbet
14-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Here's the same people's website if you want to check with them when you know what sort of P&T it is:

Hot Tots - Give your baby the right start! (http://www.hottots.co.uk/)