PDA

View Full Version : Planning

gemma659353
11-07-2014, 01:58 PM
How does everyone plan the week ahead for activities?

I heard themes were a no no?

watford wizz
11-07-2014, 03:08 PM
My plan is not to plan, I go with children's interests. Recent ones have been pirates, post offices and starting full time school x we've dressed up, made sofa into ship with flag, done a lot of oow argh jim lad and eye eye capt'n. We've made a post box with delivery time clock, "written" and sent letters. Received the letters we sent. We also sent cards, post cards, bills, reminders. We've read stories sung songs, done big school visits with mummies and then told me all about it. Practiced our stay safe in school, how to behave in school, chatted about school uniform, lunch boxes and bags. Just go with the flow of the children it's great fun and they are so creative and motivated because it's their ideas. Have fun x

moggy
11-07-2014, 03:51 PM
My week plan is just the fixed things like Toddler Group, the occasional things like Toy Library or NT garden visit, the outings like to the woods, library etc.

I do not write down a plan for an activity on a particular day as we are more spontaneous than that.

I have a monthly plan with activity ideas per child and I just refer to that if I need any inspiration one morning!

sarah707
12-07-2014, 06:58 PM
We always have something going on in the background - usually following a child's interest but also to teach them new things and introduce them to new ideas.

i think it's important to widen their horizons and the older children love planning so it works well for everyone :D

Simona
13-07-2014, 07:54 AM
How does everyone plan the week ahead for activities?

I heard themes were a no no?

Look at all the children you have...think of their interests and offer activities that can extend their learning and include all their ways of learning and interests

Playdough... for instance ...can be adapted to cover all the different learning types and cover all 7 areas
I agree with Sarah...we need to offer variety not just stay with the familiar

Themes were very much part of EYFS 2008...you can still introduce them if you want...again playdough can give you the opportunity to introduce: food, different countries and their culture in food, seasons, where food comes from etc etc