PDA

View Full Version : The vest debate...lol

JCrakers
09-07-2014, 11:26 AM
I look after a little boy who is nearly two and attends every day. Every morning he arrives in a popper vest. The weather has been really hot recently so every day I take it off.
Another little one who is 3 months younger but only comes once a week also has a vest on.

Is it me or is it too hot for a vest in this weather? Parents obviously think its ok to have one on but I always think that a vest is for the colder weather?

mrsb79
09-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I think first thing in the morning it can still be a little chilly, plus they hold nappies in place. My 6 month old has a vest on at present but we are inside in a cool room , only have her this week during school hours and it's lush spending mummy and baby girl time together. I think I would just take their t shirts off and pop them back on at the end of the day.

Becci26
09-07-2014, 12:05 PM
My son is 11 months and I've not put a vest on him for while now, it's way too hot for that! Shorts and tshirts or romper suits is what he's living in!

loocyloo
09-07-2014, 12:43 PM
my 14mth old often comes in a poppered vest ... but no tshirt over the top :0) LO is a terror for crawling out of his trousers and has, at home, been known to get himself out of his nappy! luckily he hasn't worked out poppers yet!

Rickers83
09-07-2014, 12:55 PM
I have an lo who is 2, still in poppered vest, tshirt & jeans, my own dd is the same age and hasn't worn a vest for weeks just a summer dress or tshirt & shorts.

I've commented a few times at collection that x was very hot & sweaty today, but hes still arriving in the vest :panic:

AliceK
09-07-2014, 01:07 PM
I hate popper vests full stop as I can't get to check a nappy by looking when they wear them.

xxxx

Miss freckles
09-07-2014, 01:11 PM
One of my mindees who's 2 still wears a poopered vest, I don't understand it especially last fri when the temp was 27 deg and he turned up in poopered vest and clothes.

I completely understand them on younger children but on a two yr old I really don't see any need for them. I've never bought it up with the parent but I have all kinds of issues with this parent so the vest is at the bottom of my list at the moment!

watford wizz
09-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Some times it's a cultural thing iv had several children come "over" dressed in my mind but parents/grandparent from other hot countries still think our summer weather is cold. Iv also looked after a child who has a Russian mother who until the age of 5/6 always wore vest and tights under his normal clothes. She always is very worried about him getting wet and cold but understand her reasons if you have experienced a Russian winter!

mrsb79
09-07-2014, 03:07 PM
My bug bear is tights on boys under their trousers, I mean if we're going out in the snow then yes fully understand the second layer but when there's no snow and it's chucking it down outside I just don't understand it. I had 3 boys who have come to my setting like this between the months of September and April / may, I think I have a lovely cosy and warm house when it's cold outside and nice and cool in the summer.

clareelizabeth1
09-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I looked after my niece who is 6 this week refused to take off her vest even though sweltering because if she doesn't wear a vest her clothes will itch her.

But yes to hot for vests, maybe just a vest. Last year in hot weather my ds was 9 months and only wore a nappy in the house and then a vest with poppers when we went out but that's it. This year he tries to wear nothing, but it's not weather related as he likes to run naked in the rain too.