PDA

View Full Version : Accident at playgroup

littleDs31
08-07-2014, 10:16 AM
There has been an accident at play group today not involving any of my mindees. An ambulance was called and there was a lot of panic and upset in the room. My mindee became very quiet. This could have been with what had happened or that she was overdue her sleep. I have informed mindees parent as to what she has seen. Does anyone know if there is any paper I need to do with regards to this incident even though my mindee wasn't involved?

Tealady
08-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Sounds horrendous! Hope you are not too shaken yourself.

I would note it down in your diary or an incident form. I would also amend your risk assesment for the group if need be. Unless it was just one of those unfortnate things that nobody could have forseen nor prevented.

shortstuff
08-07-2014, 10:34 AM
I agree I would write up an incident report and put it in all mindees files who were with you. I would also inform parents of all who were with you. Children can show shock later too.

Hope you are ok x

littleDs31
08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks, I'm fine now, though it wasn't a nice experience and did upset me. It makes you realise the responsibility that comes with childminding. It could have quite easily have been my mindee or have happened in my home. I will be checking all my emergency paperwork and procedures as well as my risk assessments.

It was one of those accidents that could happen to anybody at anytime, completely unpreventable. One minute she was sat on a horse and the next she leaned forward and fell over the top, no hands out, so her face took the full impact. :(

shortstuff
08-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Poor litte one. Lets hope its all superficial x