PDA

View Full Version : Nappy bins

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 07:41 AM
I looked into this long and hard when I started minding and wasn't sure what to do.

http://www.thewholekaboodle.com/Results.cfm?secondary=18

I saw good and bad reviews of like items, so decided to keep nappy bin outside, with nappies in deodorised bag.

How do you dispose of your nappies?

sarah707
28-07-2008, 07:59 AM
1 x deoderised bag and 1 x food type bag ... straight into outside bin.

I pop baby in the travel cot and other children are within my hearing when I'm sorting them out :D

When my 2 were young, I used to have one of those bins with a roll of smelly bags, but the bag inserts are too expensive.

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 08:06 AM
We are on the same wavelength then :)

My sil uses a bin like the one advertised and also said how expensive the bags get. I have about 12 nappies :eek: a day so needed a good solution!:idea:

Donkey
28-07-2008, 09:11 AM
surely if they are going straight into an outside bin then one bag is sufiecient???

just thinking about sending more plastic to the rubbish tip?

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Mine go into one deodorised bag, then into the bin

miffy
28-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Mine go into one deodorised bag, then into the bin

Same here

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
28-07-2008, 10:42 AM
When I change a nappy I just flip the rubber glove I'm wearing over the top of it and tie a knot in the top.

That way I don't need to use a nappy bag and I'm still only throwing the gloves which I would have thrown out anyhow.

The gloves are quite thick so no need for smelly nappy bags!

Oh and they go in the kitchen bin which is just the otherside of the door in the garage and gets emptied daily.

cherry pink
28-07-2008, 10:45 AM
i've always double bagged mine ofsted inspector insisted on it when she went to register my friend

Donkey
28-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I can understand the double bagging if they were going into a kitchen bin, but why double bagging if they are going into the wheelie bin outside...

does this mean all rubbish needs to be double bagged?

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 10:53 AM
The inspector saw my whole process on Tues and never commented on it... I think she would of had I been doing it wrong?

cherry pink
28-07-2008, 10:54 AM
apparently the inspector told my friend it's a health and hygiene issue with regards to the bin men or some unsuspecting member of the public being attacked by said nappy if your bins are blown over and it goes scuttling off down the street :laughing: :laughing:

cherry pink
28-07-2008, 11:01 AM
The inspector saw my whole process on Tues and never commented on it... I think she would of had I been doing it wrong?

mornin jennipenni these inspectors are a nightmare i wish they'd all follow the same rule book as we have too.
round here we all seem to get told diff things. i was told by one inspector i didn't need the stair gate or fireguard when i said that i'd feel happier having them up she got quite arsey with me and said ''i've just old you that you dont need them'' needless to say i kept them up..
getting back to the nappies some of the ones i've changed over the years could escaped on their own double bagged or not (poohy):laughing:

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I wish they all followed the same rule book, would make it a lot easier, yes :)

I almost thought you wrote... the nappies escaped in the double buggy!!!! :laughing:

cherry pink
28-07-2008, 11:13 AM

I almost thought you wrote... the nappies escaped in the double buggy!!!! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: after some i've changed i wouldn't be at all surprised

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 11:42 AM
:laughing: :laughing: after some i've changed i wouldn't be at all surprised

:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

miffy
28-07-2008, 11:55 AM

Rule book? What rule book?

Ofsted don't have one of those - they just supply us with one.

They make theirs up as they go along :D

Miffy xx

cherry pink
28-07-2008, 12:02 PM

Miffy xx

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: well said miffy

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 01:00 PM

Miffy xx

Wisest thing I have all day ;)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cazz
28-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I've got one of those Angelcare nappy bins (only cos it was free!) that keeps the nappies contained in one big bag but is sealed at the top so no whiffs! Its in my downstairs toilet.

Will that be acceptable to Ofsted? I thought they would prefer that to putting them in the kitchen bin or leaving mindees to put them in the wheelie bin which is outside the front door.

The refills are quite expensive but I'm assuming you can claim for them?

Carole x

cloud9
29-07-2008, 06:17 PM
surely if they are going straight into an outside bin then one bag is sufiecient???

just thinking about sending more plastic to the rubbish tip?

Believe it or not it's actually a business health and safety requirement that nappies are disposed of in 2 bags, business premises have theirs collected but as we don't we have to double bag ours.

ajs
29-07-2008, 07:26 PM
WELL WHEN I AM HERE ON MY OWN WITH THE KIDS I SINGLE BAG THEM AND PUT THEM OUT THE CAT FLAP TO BE DEALT WITH WHEN KIDS ARE EITHER ASLEEP OR HAVE GONE HOME (oops sorry just noticed caps lock on)
if anyone official is here i double bag them and they go straight out side into the big green bin
which is right out side the back door so can hear kids and see them if they're crawling towards the open door.

berkschick
29-07-2008, 07:31 PM
WELL WHEN I AM HERE ON MY OWN WITH THE KIDS I SINGLE BAG THEM AND PUT THEM OUT THE CAT FLAP TO BE DEALT WITH WHEN KIDS ARE EITHER ASLEEP OR HAVE GONE HOME (oops sorry just noticed caps lock on)
if anyone official is here i double bag them and they go straight out side into the big green bin
which is right out side the back door so can hear kids and see them if they're crawling towards the open door.

Lol, glad I am not the only one who uses the catflap for this purpose! :laughing:

Thats exactly what I do.

And if we go out to play in the garden, I grab them then and put them in the outside bin.

manjay
29-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Lol, glad I am not the only one who uses the catflap for this purpose! :laughing:

Thats exactly what I do.

And if we go out to play in the garden, I grab them then and put them in the outside bin.

OMG do I need a cat flap now too?:laughing:

miffy
29-07-2008, 09:19 PM

You should have done that with the chicken Mandy :laughing:

Miffy xx

Wendy Woo
29-07-2008, 09:25 PM
i use the tommie tippie bin but it has only been for george as like u all say the cartridges are £4 a throw and i went through 3 in one week wen i 1st started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

so now all nappies are done downstairs and bagged up straight into bin

the tommie tippie is just used for georges one that are done upsatirs use 2 cartridghes a month maybe less this way

Jules27
29-07-2008, 10:06 PM
OMG!! Theres me getting in a tizz about EYFS.. now I need to worry about how many bags to put a nappy in?????????:(

Bushpig
23-08-2008, 11:17 PM
OMG!! Theres me getting in a tizz about EYFS.. now I need to worry about how many bags to put a nappy in?????????:(

1 bag... don't worry :)

LOOPYLISA
24-08-2008, 07:05 PM
OMG do I need a cat flap now too?:laughing:

OMG if i have to buy another cat flap do i need another cat too? !:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LisaH
24-08-2008, 07:14 PM
I only put mine in a single nappy bag but will use 2 next time ofsted come calling just in case!! Lol :)

Chatterbox Childcare
24-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Mine go straight into nappy sacks and then into the bin. If I cannot get outside they sit outside the door until I can.

Debbie

Willowdancer
25-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Believe it or not it's actually a business health and safety requirement that nappies are disposed of in 2 bags, business premises have theirs collected but as we don't we have to double bag ours.

No way! I told Mrs Ofsted that I would use gloves when changing and would put nappies into a bag and straight into the outside bin and she was more than happy with that.

I never knew double bagging was a HSE requirement :eek:

Bushpig
26-08-2008, 10:57 AM
OMG if i have to buy another cat flap do i need another cat too? !:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No! You might get into more of a flap then! :laughing:

katickles
26-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Just a single nappy bay & straight into the wheelie bin outside in my house

LOOPYLISA
26-08-2008, 12:31 PM
No! You might get into more of a flap then! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: