PDA

View Full Version : Safety of feeding booster....

clare83
07-07-2014, 11:27 AM
I have boosters for my lo's to sit with the big ones at the table. I have just had a one year old push against the table and push his chair over backwards. Scared the life out of him and me. Luckily he is not hurt and will let mum know what has happened. In my situation would you change to using high chair for safety. I really don't want to but obviously can't let this happen again.....thoughts please.....a very anxious cm. X

AliceK
07-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I think this is a common problem. I have had LO's before who have taken to pushing against the table and their chairs swing backwards. I have only had 1 actually tip the chair over but luckily the backs of the chairs are high so the childs head sits below the top of the chair so she didn't hurt herself just frightened herself. I took to rearranging things for a while so I situated the chairs with boosters against the wall so they couldn't be tipped. Now if I see a LO pushing against the table I tell them very sternly to stop.

xxx

Mouse
07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
I don't use boosters now, but when I did I always made sure they were against a wall. Rather than get a highchair if you don't want to, could you move things round so that the tipper has their back to the wall?

hectors house
07-07-2014, 12:34 PM
I put children under 2 in booster seats up to table if I am doing craft with them but still use a highchair for this age group as did have one child who tipped chair with booster over. Good idea about putting booster chairs against the wall, unfortunately I have other furniture around the table, so chair may not fall right over but not sure all my china horses in my dresser would survive. Maybe look at the booster seats that clamp onto the table as long as table is sturdy.

clare83
07-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your replies. I can put his seat with the tumble dryer behind him which will stop him tipping again. He recently managed to end up upside down in his sit in walker, twice so hopefully mum won't be too surprised. :-)

Dragonfly
07-07-2014, 01:18 PM
This is a common thing. I always put the chair with a work surface behind so the chair hasn't the room to tip.`The children realise it frightens you so do especially for the panic, gets a reaction and quite rightly so.Moved, they soon realise no point doing it. It is so scary though.

sarah707
07-07-2014, 07:59 PM
I always put the tray on the booster so it's back from the table ...

clare83
07-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Thanks for your feedback....I never had thought that a 12 month old could have the strength to push his chair over....lesson learnt....the hard way ;-(

JKL
07-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your feedback....I never had thought that a 12 month old could have the strength to push his chair over....lesson learnt....the hard way ;-(

Oh yes! My DS has almost tipped the high chair once or twice when he's been positioned too close to the table and he's just 12 months! Lol!

They can be unbelievably strong when they want to be! :D

x

Tracie Morrison
08-07-2014, 10:46 AM
10mth did this to me yesterday whilst I was sat with and feeding her! :( frightened the life out of me, she thought it was hilarious!! Ive now put her booster on the chair against the wall :p x