PDA

View Full Version : Free milk

ja-lula-belli
06-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Hi all, can I just ask when claiming free milk can you include your own children in the numbers? ( as they are taking up a space) or can you only claim for minded children?

tulip0803
06-07-2014, 03:15 PM
I think it is only minded children under the age of 5 - Give them a ring to check though - they are very helpful https://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/contact.html

amyp
06-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Is everyone entitled to free milk?

moggy
06-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Is everyone entitled to free milk?

Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/)

It is all explained in the Gov. website above. It says:

The Nursery Milk Scheme enables:

Children under 5 to receive free of charge 189 ml (1/3 pint) of milk for each day they attend approved day care facilities for 2 hours or more.
Babies aged under 12 months may instead receive dried baby milk made up to 189ml (1/3 pint).

hectors house
06-07-2014, 09:39 PM
It's really hard now to find a Milk Agency who will deliver milk through a local dairy - you may find it easier to buy your own milk (for mindees) and claim it directly back from National Milk Reimbursement Unit.

ja-lula-belli
06-07-2014, 09:44 PM
I have read all the literature on this subject and it doesn't define wether it's a payed for place or not.it just says "every child under 5 in your daycare setting for 2 hours or over" can be claimed for. Technically my children are taking a place when I'm working and are under 5 . I think I should call them and see. Does anyone else claim for there own children? Or only for mindees?

ja-lula-belli
06-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Has anyone used kidz free milk? They sort it out and deliver it to your door and they say they take responsibility if there is a mistake in your quantity. ????
Are they any good?
I would rather have it delivered rather than claim money back.

tulip0803
06-07-2014, 10:48 PM
They will be changing the system soon - The nursery milk scheme will have a designated supplier that will supply milk to all settings (supposedly).

I buy and then claim. There is no-one delivering in our area at the moment they cannot find local suppliers.

k1rstie
07-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Also, Milk can only be claimed once per day. If your lo attends a preschool or school nursery, they will likely be claiming at that setting, and then you can't!