PDA

View Full Version : Do you leave it all behind you?

funemnx
04-07-2014, 05:08 PM
I was chatting to a mum today who has had a stressful couple of days at work and she said she has no trouble leaving work at work and not thinking about it until she goes back in.

I guess I mull over the day for an hour or two after work and then forget about it - tomorrow's another day.

Do you think about work and what gone wrong over the weekend or do you forget about it once the last child has gone?

loocyloo
04-07-2014, 05:48 PM
depends!

depends on how the day/week went, anything/anyone worrying or concerning me. sometimes I get caught up in an idea or something and spend the evening 'working' ( but enjoying it if you know what I mean! ) plus at weekends, i don't ( always ) actively go out looking for resources, but sometimes things catch my eye, and then i start looking for other things!

I've had a busy week, but not done much and this evening, apart from knowing i just need to spend 20 mins putting stuff in LJ etc, I'm not giving it another thought ... in fact ... i might not do it tonight! i finished an hour ago and haven't really thought about it at all!

cathtee
04-07-2014, 06:00 PM
After the last lo leaves on a Thursday evening I tidy up the playroom and turn it back into the conservatory and then forget about work until Monday morning unless it is my paperwork weekend (one a month) then I think about it.:)

Maza
04-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I also don't think about it at all anymore. Unless I've had a bad day then I can't get it off my mind.

mama2three
04-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Id love to just 'switch off' but end up replaying things in my mind .

WibbleWobble
04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Oh I replay stuff and then go through different scenarios and get myself all of a dither!

Wibble the worrier x

wobbling my way through life....

FloraDora
04-07-2014, 09:05 PM
I have a well practised regime of choosing one section of my (4day) weekend to donate to work. So much other stuff going on in my life I can switch off easily....until I come on here....or visit a garden centre and think about displays etc....!
Or get a text from friend/ parent..or wash bedding....or ....finish off cakes made by LO's ..or...

It isn't as easy to really switch off....I do if I go on a long cycle ( or hopefully watch tour this weekend) or climb a mountain/ hill that feels like a mountain...or go way for long weekend...but if I am at home..something will triiger a thought...

FussyElmo
05-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Other than logging in in here and on fb but that's my own addiction to social media and did I mention twitter google plus.

But as soon as I close the door I dont give work a second thought till monday at 7.

sarah707
05-07-2014, 01:50 PM
I used to be ok but over the last few years I have hung onto things a lot longer than I really should :panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
05-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Usually if I have done something stupid or a parent has upset me then I dwell on it for 24 hours or so regardless of what day it happens on. Apart from that I get on with my day/weekend. Only time I think of work is Saturday morning (paperwork) and Sunday (pm setting up for Monday)

blue bear
05-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Sometimes, if I'm having a good time and busy then no not at all if I'm at home and not got much to do I find myself tinkering with this and that.

watford wizz
06-07-2014, 01:14 AM
This job has been my passion and calling for 20plus years, I live eat and breath caring for children who for what ever reason cannot be with their own family. I have had the privilege of working with and being trusted by some very special families from 2 hours whilst police have done a raid to 13 years continuous care.
My own family are a wonderful support and as adults now my "tummy" babies say my job taught them to appreciate what they have and make them better people x