PDA

View Full Version : Can i just keep my favourite?

amyp
03-07-2014, 07:56 PM
My assistant is leaving and I have just found I'm pregnant. I'll have 2 of my own- is it fair to drop all the kids and just keep one who is the same age as my daughter and plays nicely with her(making my life easier when baby arrives)? What reason would I give to all the other parents (some who have been with me longer!!) ??

Kaybeaa
03-07-2014, 08:08 PM
First of all congratulations!

It's your own business you can do what you like really! You don't have to give reasons to any parents. Just terminate the contracts due to you having a baby and not having enough space. If anyone questions why you've chosen the one mindee over the others-you could just say her hours were what fit in best with your plans! Job done! :)

hectors house
04-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Congratulations - probably a bit early to think about maternity leave, but you may find that some parents make other arrangements and choose not to come back anyway, so I wouldn't make too many decisions on which ones to give notice too yet. Have you had your Ofsted inspection yet?

Simona
04-07-2014, 07:37 AM
My assistant is leaving and I have just found I'm pregnant. I'll have 2 of my own- is it fair to drop all the kids and just keep one who is the same age as my daughter and plays nicely with her(making my life easier when baby arrives)? What reason would I give to all the other parents (some who have been with me longer!!) ??

You can tell the parents you are cutting down and therefore reducing the number of children you care for
If your parents have become friends and know each other well ...either because they attend your setting or are on some social media....just be cautious as they may discuss the matter and wonder why you chose one over the other?

Just to save yourself any problems

Otherwise congratulations :thumbsup:

Mouse
04-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Congratulations!

Like Hectors House has said, I would hold off saying anything just yet. What if you give notice to all the other parents, then the one you want to keep decides not to stay?

There is certainly no problem with you only keeping on the one child you want, but just make sure first that they want to stay with you :thumbsup:

amyp
04-07-2014, 11:12 AM
I had ofsted Friday- so I'm pleased with that. If the one I want to keep doesn't stay I think I'll stop minding. As the others are all babies- I have 6 under 20 months xx