PDA

View Full Version : Phone number for tax credits

wendywu
27-07-2008, 07:07 PM
A friend had a lady come to see her to have a little girl minded for only 3 days total. She was looking at my friends registration and put her Ofsted nubmber into her phone. When questioned she said she could get tax credits.

Has anyone got the phone number to report people suspected of using your number to claim money. My friend is a bit worried.:panic:

SimplyLucy
27-07-2008, 07:11 PM
She probably wanted the number out to read the report on the OFSTED website.

berkschick
27-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I have this one noted down from a previous thread

button68
27-07-2008, 07:20 PM
She probably wanted the number out to read the report on the OFSTED website.

See, I'm naturally suspcious :blush: and would check with tax credits ;)

SimplyLucy
27-07-2008, 07:21 PM
If someone used your number to make a taxcredit claim then surely you have done nothing wrong so I wouldn't worry.

berkschick
27-07-2008, 07:27 PM
If someone used your number to make a taxcredit claim then surely you have done nothing wrong so I wouldn't worry.

I always worry that at tax return time, if lots of people have used my reg number to claim when they shouldnt of, then they will think I have earnt a lot more than I am declaring, then I will be in trouble :panic:

Plus it is just wrong and makes me really angry :angry: Ultimately we are paying for it out of our tax money!

crazybones
27-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I always worry that at tax return time, if lots of people have used my reg number to claim when they shouldnt of, then they will think I have earnt a lot more than I am declaring, then I will be in trouble :panic:

Plus it is just wrong and makes me really angry :angry: Ultimately we are paying for it out of our tax money!

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
27-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Blimey I'd never even thought about it that way.

Guess thats another reason why OFSTED don't put our names next to our numbers on their website.

miffy
27-07-2008, 08:01 PM
A friend had a lady come to see her to have a little girl minded for only 3 days total. She was looking at my friends registration and put her Ofsted nubmber into her phone. When questioned she said she could get tax credits.

Has anyone got the phone number to report people suspected of using your number to claim money. My friend is a bit worried.:panic:

I agree get your friend to phone up and tell them her concerns.

Hope she gets it sorted

Miffy xx

Mollymop
27-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Yes I agree with Miffy - I hope it gets sorted out ok

Pudding Girl
27-07-2008, 08:24 PM

no you aren't liable to pay back any overpayment or anything but for me that wouldn't be the point. There is the issue of your tax - as been pointed out above, plus the morality of it all.

wendywu
27-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the number. We will see if the little one gets dropped off tomorrow for the 3 days. I will let you know as we are supposed to all be going out tomorrow.:)

Bushpig
27-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Scary that... although I wouldn't put that past people nowadays sadly :(