PDA

View Full Version : Take mindee to dentist app?

littlebears1009
01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I have lost my whole filling and know I have to call the dentist tom morning to get an urgent app. Do any of you take mindees to urgent dental appointments? Cant really afford to lose a days pay and then also pay for the dental treatment!

AliceK
01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Yes I have taken them to the dentist appointments and I am terrified of the dentist, tbh it helps me as I can't show my fear if I have mindees in the room with me. I took 4 once, had them all sitting nicely on the floor whilst I had my treatment. Got to be able to trust them though. When I had a tooth out I had them sitting in the waiting room with my OH and then I carried on working afterwards (wouldn't recommend that though)
x
x

Mouse
01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
I've taken mindees with me when I've had a check up, but wouldn't take them if I was having any treatment done - I wouldn't want them to see me cry :crying::ROFL1:

I think you need to make the decision based in your knowledge of the child. Do you think they will sit nicely while you have your filling? Will parents mind you taking them?

littlebears1009
01-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Ive asked parent they dont mind. Hes a baby my only worry is if hes cranky he will cry sat in the pram but i need it doing so needs must. Tbh ill be happy to see his little face when I get off the chair. I hate the dentist! :-(

JKL
01-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Ive asked parent they dont mind. Hes a baby my only worry is if hes cranky he will cry sat in the pram but i need it doing so needs must. Tbh ill be happy to see his little face when I get off the chair. I hate the dentist! :-(

I took my DS with me a few weeks ago and I just asked the dental nurse that was assisting if she could keep an eye out for me. There's usually enough staff about to coo over a baby so I'm sure if you asked maybe one could sit in the room with you and LO? xx

Simona
02-07-2014, 06:28 AM
I have lost my whole filling and know I have to call the dentist tom morning to get an urgent app. Do any of you take mindees to urgent dental appointments? Cant really afford to lose a days pay and then also pay for the dental treatment!

I would consult the parents and get their permission...just in case and as long as the children are within your sight all the time...best to cover yourself

The alternative is to see if any CM would cover for you for an hour...not easy I know...or just get an hour off for the treatment if it is an emergency...would the parents accommodate this?

mama2three
02-07-2014, 07:08 AM
I have taken mindees along to my own childs appointments - took along our smiley hand puppet ( free from one of the toothpaste companies) , talked about looking after our teeth etc , and then went to buy everyone a new toothbrush. they all got to sit in the chair and got stickers - it 'grew' into a dentist role play area at home and we got lots and lots of great learning opportunities from it..........
Not sure Id take them along to an appointment for me though , possibly a quick check up but not treatment. I suppose it depends on how you'll feel , during and afterwards , and the temperament of the mindees.

hectors house
02-07-2014, 07:09 AM
I would take child with me, try to keep him awake for as long as possible before hand and hopefully he will sleep when it's your appointment - I did this once for a funeral and the little one slept in buggy through the whole thing.

angeldelight
02-07-2014, 08:21 AM
I would consult the parents and get their permission...just in case and as long as the children are within your sight all the time...best to cover yourself

The alternative is to see if any CM would cover for you for an hour...not easy I know...or just get an hour off for the treatment if it is an emergency...would the parents accommodate this?

I would do the same

Hope your ok and get it sorted today

Angel xx

littlebears1009
02-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Thank you! Mum is ok me taking baby. Got an app for tomorrow morning at babys nap time so thats worked out ok. Although I bet tomorrow he decides hes going to take a different nap time :O