PDA

View Full Version : Ratios

Smileyface
01-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Please help...
I have my own children x age 2 x age 4 5 sept 11th starting full time school in sept but it's gradually just doing half days building up to full day end of sept....
Now there's a parent that wants me to look after her 8 month old plus her son who is starting the same school as my son but won't be full time till the end of sept like my son.
On a Monday and Tuesday i look after another child aged 3
The mum needs to start work the first week in sept I'm not sure if I'm allowed to start untill they are actually going full time
Please help!
Thank you in advance

sarah707
01-07-2014, 05:56 PM
A child is not 5 for ratios until s/he is in full time 10 sessions a week school - not settling in.

So you can only have 3 under 5 as it's new business...

Smileyface
01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Thank you Sarah for your reply so I will have to wait till the children are both full time to start?

moggy
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Thank you Sarah for your reply so I will have to wait till the children are both full time to start?

Yes, until they are both 5x full days a week in school they are still counted as EYFS children.

alex__17
01-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Glad this was asked as I have a 14 month old and 4 year old brother and sister starting sept, older one schoolie but will have them both in aug for settling sessions as I think it'll be easier for them both together. Was hoping to have them a day I have another but with my own son that'll put me over ratio if the 4 year old doesnt count as a 5 until she's fully at school.
Thanks for clarification!