PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg Visit Feedback

Vikki5531
01-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Hi All,

I just wanted to feedback on my pre-reg visit.

The Inspector has just left and she was lovely :)

I checked her ID when she arrived and made us a drink.

We talked about my previous employment and looked through my Polices and Procedures, certificates and ID.

We then moved onto the EYFS questions, but it was more just a chat about them and she made me feel really comfortable.

We then walked around the house looking at the rooms I will be using and I got loads of advice from her.

My visit was only for 2 hours and was a really positive experience :) She said I should get my certificate middle of next week!

Good luck for anyone waiting their pre-reg visit and if you've got any questions let me know xx

Bumble Beez
01-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Congratulations Vikki, now the fun starts :clapping:

JKL
01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Fab news Hun! Glad it went well! xxx

flipflop20
01-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Well done

appletart88
01-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Congratulations, so glad it went well and thank you for the feedback, I have mine in 2 weeks :-/

Vikki5531
01-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Well done dde03 Still waiting for my certificate (pre-reg was last tues) I know it's only been a week but all I can do is wait now hoping to have it this wk although it's probably going to be next week. Have u got any mindees lined up yet?

Thanks everyone :)

Yes, I've not even advertised yet, but through word of mouth I've got 1 baby lined up and 2 school kids. I'm happy with those numbers to start off with (I've got my own DD4 aswell), just whilst I get into routines and used to the paperwork xx

NinkyNonk
01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Well done and thanks for the feedback! It's good to know this one's not so scary! :-)

littlepumpkins
01-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Congratulations hunni, so glad it was a positive visit :) Hope your certificate turns up soon and you can start minding :) xx

covgalxxx
02-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Yay, congrats xx

tonib
02-07-2014, 04:26 AM
Hi Vikki! Glad your visit went well and hope you don't have to wait too long for your cert. My visit is this Friday so thank you for sharing.
Toni x

Vikki5531
02-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Hi Vikki! Glad your visit went well and hope you don't have to wait too long for your cert. My visit is this Friday so thank you for sharing. Toni x

Good luck for Friday :) xx

angeldelight
02-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Brilliant

Well done Vikki

:clapping::clapping:

Angel xx

Kidston
02-07-2014, 06:50 PM
thats great news well done!!! you should be so proud of yourself

LittleRabbits
16-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Well done :-) sounds great! What ID did you show? Just driving licence?

Vikki5531
16-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Well done :-) sounds great! What ID did you show? Just driving licence?

I don't drive, so I just shown her my passport and a utility bill with my address on x

LittleRabbits
17-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Okay, do you think driving licence is enough? Is there any other paperwork I need ready? Got policies, procedures, risk assessments, learning profile, certificates, all our paperwork for the childminding etc.... Do we need to show our DBS checks?

Vikki5531
17-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Okay, do you think driving licence is enough? Is there any other paperwork I need ready? Got policies, procedures, risk assessments, learning profile, certificates, all our paperwork for the childminding etc.... Do we need to show our DBS checks?

Sounds like you've got plenty! Yes, she looked through all my certificates (DBS, First Aid, Safeguarding, LA childminding course). She also wanted to check that I had a copy of the EYFS and the Early Years Outcomes xx

LittleRabbits
17-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Got copy of EYFS. Is Early Years Outcomes a new document??

LittleRabbits
17-07-2014, 07:34 PM
I remember now!! I have got that document. Just need to print it

LittleRabbits
18-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Wahoo, had our pre reg. she was here for 4 hrs but it was because we were chatting about different stories etc... Was great and she said she will be recommending us to be childminders :-) just have to wait to see if Ofsted send our certificate as they have the final say. These next 2 wks are guna be so slow lol. Looking to start childminding 1st Sept :-) ... We have 2 full timers expected who will need to give months notice to their nursery.

Vikki5531
18-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Wahoo, had our pre reg. she was here for 4 hrs but it was because we were chatting about different stories etc... Was great and she said she will be recommending us to be childminders :-) just have to wait to see if Ofsted send our certificate as they have the final say. These next 2 wks are guna be so slow lol. Looking to start childminding 1st Sept :-) ... We have 2 full timers expected who will need to give months notice to their nursery.

Yay! Bet your so happy it's finally happened!

You'll be up and running any time now xx

Lisa77
21-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Well done! Mines next week..i didn't realise ofsted had the last say?! So if she recommends it and all goes well they could still refuse you?! I'm guessing this wouldn't be likely tho. Such a long mission this is lol...but all will be worth it in the end! Fingers crossed mine goes to plan too!

LittleRabbits
23-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Yep, they could still turn round n fail u. Which is silly. The woman who did my pre reg said Ofsted read thru the report to check she has asked all the right qs or sumat?

Good luck for ur visit :-)

LittleRabbits
24-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Does anyone have the link to where our contact details get added to ofsted website? I cant find online and wanted to look