PDA

View Full Version : Notice put through door

Keeley77
30-06-2014, 09:58 PM
So...... I have had lo for 15 mths now, she has been funded with me since jan and comes every week day for7.5hrs. However last night I heard my letter box go and found a letter from parents giving a months notice! Baring in mind they new I would see them in the morn when I collect their lo. No idea why mum didn't hand to me in the morn?

I was very upset that they didn't speak to me prior to giving notice and hardly slept last night

When dad collected he was very smug and asked if igot the letter (clearly he new that I had it)and that "they had taken lo to a nursery and that she really liked it and that was that"

We'd had an issue regarding collection when lo was unwell on a couple of occasions they refused to collect saying that I wasn't a dr so I had no right to say she was unwell. High temp on one occ and vomit another time. After lo had high temp dad finally collected after about an hour an a half (mum wouldn't even take my call) and he then sent me a text photo of a therm showing a nomal temp!

I'm assuming they must have been planning this for some time so why not discuss their plans and be honest! I do feel that they have chosen to move their lo to upset me rather than for the best interests of their child! Especially after the way dad behaved at collection time! He looked so pleased with himself! Gloating!

tess1981
30-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Wait til child takes ill at nursery and they send the child home and about being late...
Hope you can fill the space ASAP xx hug

alwaysright
30-06-2014, 10:28 PM
you should be glad to see the back of them! nasty!! how dare they refuse to take your call when their own child is ill, i would have sent a txt saying if you refuse to collect i will have no choice but to follow my policies and ring social services!
i would just smile nicely and not them let know you are bothered they are obviously after some sort of reaction/confrontation. also drop into the conversation that the place is already filled :) show they the respect they have shown you!

Kiddleywinks
30-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Not much consolation I know, especially for the LO, but they are probably going to get their eyes opened with a nursery, they tend to send home far more often than we do, are far less flexible with drop offs and collections out of contracted hours, and will not (& nor should they) tolerate parents being intentionally un contactable....

Don't give dad the satisfaction of knowing how upset you are.
Be the professional, stay calm, and don't go beating yourself up over this, you were not in the wrong to follow hpa guidelines

littlebears1009
01-07-2014, 05:35 AM
As other people have said, if they think theyll get a better deal at nursery with sickness then they are very mistaken. They are also very strict about the 48 hour rule. I would say well rid and very bad that they refuse to colllect child when poorly. Hope you fill it soon!

natlou82
01-07-2014, 05:42 AM
When LO is mixing with considerably more children she is also more likely to encounter more bugs, therefore even more collections for parents! I doubt he ll be smug for much longer, and by then you will have filled the space. Just a shame for LO but you can't have a good working relationship when the parents treat you like that x

Rick
01-07-2014, 05:48 AM
You are probably best out of it if that's the contempt they show you. Putting the letter through your door is ridiculous.

Simona
01-07-2014, 06:21 AM
So...... I have had lo for 15 mths now, she has been funded with me since jan and comes every week day for7.5hrs. However last night I heard my letter box go and found a letter from parents giving a months notice! Baring in mind they new I would see them in the morn when I collect their lo. No idea why mum didn't hand to me in the morn?

I was very upset that they didn't speak to me prior to giving notice and hardly slept last night

When dad collected he was very smug and asked if igot the letter (clearly he new that I had it)and that "they had taken lo to a nursery and that she really liked it and that was that"

We'd had an issue regarding collection when lo was unwell on a couple of occasions they refused to collect saying that I wasn't a dr so I had no right to say she was unwell. High temp on one occ and vomit another time. After lo had high temp dad finally collected after about an hour an a half (mum wouldn't even take my call) and he then sent me a text photo of a therm showing a nomal temp!

I'm assuming they must have been planning this for some time so why not discuss their plans and be honest! I do feel that they have chosen to move their lo to upset me rather than for the best interests of their child! Especially after the way dad behaved at collection time! He looked so pleased with himself! Gloating!

I would not waste time worrying about the way they handed notice to you...accept it and also accept that some ...I say 'some' parents can behave strangely on some occasions
I know it can hurt ...move on and start again
I believe most parents are asked to give notice in writing and this should be adhered to at all times ...especially where children get 'funded hours'...I would also ask parents to return their copy of the contract to be signed off by you before the end of the motice

Make sure you complete all your admin tasks especially for your funded hours ...do you have all the money due to you from your LA up to the end of notice?
Good luck!

smurfette
01-07-2014, 07:26 AM
So sorry to hear this, I also lost one this way as mum thought little one wouldn't be sent home from nursery (Lo had a lung infection and mum kept sending her every day calpol ed up, she kept vomiting and I kept sending home,
Mum was a teacher and told me she was waiting to 'accidently' bump into one of the parents who was a doctor to get her to have a look at her.. The following week when she was on early shift!!! Meanwhile Lo gave the infection to my daughter and another Los mum who was pregnant!) it was horrible how it ended but we didn't have a good relationship anyway mum was constantly nit picking I think cos she really wanted to be home with little one which I can understand but it undermined my confidence. So a blessing all in all once I got over it. Luckily I filled space fast and hope you do too. You are better off without this one, couldn't believe your post about the photo of thermometer !! It is a shame for little one to be moved but as pp said it wouldn't be good for them either to be with you if relationship so strained with parents. Rise above , smile nicely drop in you have a waiting list and space is filled and count down the days xx (no excuse for dropping it in door either that's just mean!)

Koala
01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
I remember this family from your previous post. :laughing: :laughing: take a picture of their letter and tell them yes you have received their notice and another picture of their final bill :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: they like snap shots so much.

Seriously now, don't waste your time getting upset or stressed - They obviously have created a battle in their own heads so let them waste their time and energy fighting it. Like has been said - just smugly smile knowing that they have it all to come when lo is in a nursery/school environment - training days, strikes, sent home because of illness, lo not wanting to go and there isn't a one to one adult to support or comfort. And then theres all the time, their time, that they need to invest in the system - parent involvment, they will soon wish lo was back at yours when they realize how much you do/did.

Mouse
01-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I have a friend who works in a nursery. If a member of staff is off ill and they'll be over on their numbers, the manager goes round all the children, taking their temperatures, and if any are slightly high, they get sent home! I'd like to see your parents come up against something like that!

As others have said, rise above it. Wish the family luck - wish the nursery even more luck!- and send them happily on their way. Give the impression that you're really pleased for them...it'll completely wind dad up :laughing:

Keeley77
01-07-2014, 02:45 PM
I remember this family from your previous post. :laughing: :laughing: take a picture of their letter and tell them yes you have received their notice and another picture of their final bill :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: they like snap shots so much.

Seriously now, don't waste your time getting upset or stressed - They obviously have created a battle in their own heads so let them waste their time and energy fighting it. Like has been said - just smugly smile knowing that they have it all to come when lo is in a nursery/school environment - training days, strikes, sent home because of illness, lo not wanting to go and there isn't a one to one adult to support or comfort. And then theres all the time, their time, that they need to invest in the system - parent involvment, they will soon wish lo was back at yours when they realize how much you do/did.

What a great idea!! Lol :laughing::clapping:

Jayse74
02-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Without reading the entire thread I agree with the statement "Wait until the child is unwell and the setting/nursery excludes until well"

I wonder if the parent/s will have the cheek to say the same thing again?

Amazes me how Childminders are treated but that is life I guess!

vjeffreys
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Nursery a are able to err on the side if caution car more than cms regarding illness time. If LO is a sickly one then best they get used to high bills all the time!

VeggieSausage
03-07-2014, 03:03 PM
you are well rid of this lot, don't lose a minutes sleep over it.....I have lovely families at the moment replace them with nicer people.....

Simona
03-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Without reading the entire thread I agree with the statement "Wait until the child is unwell and the setting/nursery excludes until well"

I wonder if the parent/s will have the cheek to say the same thing again?

Amazes me how Childminders are treated but that is life I guess!

That I am aware of nurseries and preschools have strict rules about exclusion/sickness/temperature etc etc and parents comply without a worry...with schools too ...so no reason why Cms should have a problem
Maybe we need to be more assertive ?