PDA

View Full Version : Thrush

It's a small world
30-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Parent just text me mindee has thrush . Can I have child and can i apply external cream ? Please x

It's a small world
30-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Parent just text me mindee has thrush . Can I have child and can i apply external cream ? Please x

Anyone please . Parent waiting for a reply . Googled but cant find an answer x

amirose
30-06-2014, 09:04 PM
How old is the child?

It's a small world
30-06-2014, 09:05 PM
2 years old x

amirose
30-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Are they toilet trained? If they were in nappies I think I would be happy to apply cream as part of normal nappy changing routine, as this is no different to applying cream for nappy rash. You would need to get permission for the cream to be applied and the parent to sign to say it's been applied. I would be less comfortable if the child was toilet trained and using the toilet independently. There is no exclusion for thrush though

Simona
30-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Anyone please . Parent waiting for a reply . Googled but cant find an answer x

I think the parent should contact the GP and get advice how to treat the infection...I suppose she has been prescribed cream for her child?....if you are concerned seek support

Yes children do get thrush ...which can also be in the mouth 'oral thrush'

This info will help
Candida - In-depth information - Medical Conditions - Great Ormond Street Hospital (http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-conditions/search-for-medical-conditions/candida/candida-information/)

It's a small world
30-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Child has had before apparently gets when had antibiotics x child is toilet trained parent said due to hours i have child i only need to apply once unless uses the toilet a lot . Thank you for taking the time to reply xx

Simona
01-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Child has had before apparently gets when had antibiotics x child is toilet trained parent said due to hours i have child i only need to apply once unless uses the toilet a lot . Thank you for taking the time to reply xx

Thrush can appear regularly in those who suffer from it so be prepared as it may happen again
If it does make sure you have written permission' to apply the cream' signed by the parents and keep it in your file
Hope all is sorted